5 Almajiris Repatriated From Kano Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Kaduna

Kaduna State Government has announced that five Almajiris who were recently repatriated from Kano State, have tested positive for coronavirus in the state.

5 Almajiris Repatriated From Kano Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Kaduna 3

The Commissioner for Health, Amina Mohammed Baloni, who disclosed this in a statement on Monday, said the five new cases have increased the active infection in the state to nine.

She said: “The new cases are among almajiri who were recently repatriated from Kano.

“The contacts of the new cases are being traced so that they can be monitored and tested if they meet the case definition.

“The new patients have been moved to the Infectious Diseases Control Centre, the state’s premier isolation centre.

“Our medical professionals are treating them with high standards and we wish all our nine active cases speedy recovery.”

“Testing capacity has improved in the state. Two labs, one each in Kaduna and Zaria, have been accredited by NCDC to conduct Covid-19 tests.

“The Ministry of Health wishes to remind the general public of the importance of hand-washing, personal hygiene, social distancing and the avoidance of large gatherings in helping protect us all from Covid-19. It is important to stay home, stay safe and save lives,” Baloni urged Kaduna residents.

KanyiDaily had reported that Governor Abdullahi Ganduje ordered the deportation of Almajiris who are non-indigenes of Kano state, in a bid to prevent further spread of coronavirus.

Business1 hour ago