Categories: News

Buba Galadima Has Been Kidnapped By Masked Security Operatives – PDP

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said that Buba Galadima has been kidnapped by masked security operatives.

This was made known in a tweet by PDP’s spokesman, Kola Ologbondiyan on Sunday, February 24, 2019.

The spokesman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) campaign council, Festus Keyamo had earlier called for Galadima’s arrest.

According to Keyamo, the elder statesman posted a video online declaring Atiku Abubakar, the PDP presidential candidate, winner of the presidential election which held on Saturday, February 23, 2019.

In a statement issued by the PDP on Sunday, the party called for the immediate release of Buba Galadima. The statement reads:

The attention of the Peoples Democratic Party has been drawn to the arrest of a pro-democracy activist, Buba Galadima, by the Department of State Security.

We as a party condemn this arrest in the strongest possible terms. Buba Galadima is a patriot. His patriotism has been previously and strongly highlighted by various Nigerians, including President Muhammadu Buhari.

What crime has he committed? I answer my own question and say none. Mr. Galadima is constitutionally guaranteed a right of freedom of speech and freedom after the speech.

The nation is currently boiling with the deaths caused by thugs of the All Progressives Congress. Not one of these thugs has been arrested by the DSS. The nation was embarrassed by drone images of bullion vans laden with cash driving into the home of the National Leader of the APC and no action has been taken by the law enforcement authorities. Yet a patriot and pro-democracy activist is arrested.

We cannot be hoodwinked by the puppeteering of the DSS by the APC. It is obviously no coincidence that the APC Presidential Campaign Council called for the arrest of Mr. Galadima at 12 noon today (Sunday the 24th of February, 2019) and the arrest was duly effected by the DSS an hour later.

This arrest is only the latest in a pattern of anti-democratic actions by the Muhammadu Buhari administration.

Nigeria will not be cowed. We have voted for democracy and as a nation, we will not be taken back to Egypt by the discredited blame centred anti-democratic forces who have turned a once thriving economy into the world headquarters for extreme poverty.

I call for the immediate release of Mr. Buba Galadima by the Department of State Security, even as I remind the DSS and other security agencies, that their oath of allegiance was sworn to Nigeria and not to the All Progressive Congress or President Muhammadu Buhari.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

“He’s Afraid Of Me” – Doris Ogala Vows To Defeat Alex Otti In Abia Election

Nollywood actress and African Action Congress (AAC) governorship candidate in Abia State, Doris Ogala, has…

14 hours ago

Tinubu Receives Adeleke At Aso Villa After Osun Election Victory

President Bola Tinubu on Thursday met privately with Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke at the…

14 hours ago

Shina Peller To Contest Oyo North Senate Seat Under APM In 2027

Former House of Representatives member Shina Peller has announced his plan to contest for the…

15 hours ago

Hilda Baci Threatens To Sue Seyi Vibez For Alleging ‘Her Food Almost Killed Him’

Nigerian elebrity chef Hilda Baci has threatened to sue singer Seyi Vibez over comments she…

16 hours ago

Okorocha Sues Uzodimma, INEC Over APC Imo West Senatorial Ticket

Former Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has dragged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to…

19 hours ago

“Davido Was Targeted” – Police Confirm Attack On Governor Adeleke’s Convoy

Osun State Police Command said singer Davido was the alleged target of an attack on…

22 hours ago