Categories: News

Four-Months-Old Baby Test Positive For Coronavirus In Kaduna After Her Father Came Back From Kano

Kaduna State Government has announced that a four-month-old girl and 19 other persons have tested positive for coronavirus in the state.

The Commissioner of Health, Amina Mohammed-Baloni, who disclosed this on Saturday, said 20 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in the state on Friday, 15th May 2020.

Mohammed-Baloni added that 15 out of the 20 new cases are family members or close contacts of previously confirmed cases. He said:

“A four-month-old girl is regrettably one of the new patients, and investigations indicate that her father has travel history to Kano.

“The infant, who had be to hospital for respiratory issues, was tested in accordance with the updated guidelines which advise that persons presenting with such symptoms be tested. Her parents have also been tested and their results are being awaited.

“The 20 new cases are spread across seven local government areas. Chikun has seven (including five members of the same family), Giwa recorded four from the Shika community while three cases are in Kaduna North. Sabon-Gari and Kaduna South have two cases each, while Igabi and Zaria have one each.

“Six health workers are among the new cases, underlining the risks associated with containing and managing Covid-19.

“The latest cases show that Covid-19 has spread into nine LGAS: Chikun, Igabi, Giwa, Kaduna North, Kaduna South, Makarfi, Sabon-Gari, Soba and Zaria.

“This widening spread of Covid-19 means that the risk of infection has increased for persons who do not stay at home or who fail to observe necessary precautions when they go out.

“Parents are advised to shun non-essential travel or interactions to avoid taking the virus home and infecting their children and loved ones. They must also exercise personal responsibility regarding not allowing visitors into their homes,” the statement read in parts.

ALSO READ: Two Persons Who Fled Their Homes After Testing Positive For Coronavirus, Arrested In Kaduna

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

Nyesom Wike Orders Demolition Of Houses Blocking Waterways In Abuja

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has ordered the demolition of houses…

9 hours ago

Wande Coal Slams Davido Over Remarks About Their Unreleased Collaboration, “Come My Way”

Nigerian singer Wande Coal has reacted to Davido’s comments about their unreleased collaboration on the…

10 hours ago

DSS Invites Ekiti Monarch For Demanding Chair Governor Oyebanji Sat On At Church Service

The Department of State Services (DSS) has invited the Oluyin of Iyin-Ekiti, Oba Adeniyi Adeola…

13 hours ago

Jay-Jay Okocha Picks Lionel Messi Over Cristiano Ronaldo As Better Player

Nigerian football legend Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha has named Argentina star Lionel Messi as his…

14 hours ago

Taiwo Hassan Ogogo Battles Stage-Four Cancer As Daughters Seek Medical Help

The daughters of veteran Yoruba actor Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, have appealed for…

15 hours ago

Man Breaks Into Woman’s House, Steals 27 Pants For Ritual Purposes In Adamawa

A 27-year-old man, Muktar Shehu, has been arraigned for allegedly breaking into a woman’s home…

1 day ago