Screenshot
B-Lord, the founder of the Blord Group, was arraigned before the Federal High Court in Abuja over allegations of criminal conspiracy, impersonation, and allegedly using the identity of social media personality Martins Vincent Otse, better known as VeryDarkMan, without permission.
Following the arraignment, the court directed that he be remanded in custody at the Kuje Correctional Centre until April 27, 2026.
Reacting after the court’s decision, Sowore criticised the detention and warned against the increasing use of the legal system to suppress citizens.
He also revealed that he had already contacted his lawyer, Marshal D F Abubakar, about stepping away from the matter, while stressing his resolve to help secure BLord’s release.
Sowore accused VeryDarkMan and Abubakar of using the legal process to oppress BLord, insisting that success in court should depend on the merit of the case rather than legal tactics.
He wrote, “I have read about the court-ordered detention of an individual known as B-Lord, and I must say this clearly that no one should celebrate the incarceration of any person under the color of law.
“I have reached out to my astute rights lawyer, Marshal D F Abubakar, urging him to disengage from the process.
“We must all agree that sending B-Lord to prison is not a victory for legal brilliance or advocacy. Rather, it risks emboldening a system of oppression that weaponizes the law against citizens.
“Justice must never be reduced to punishment for its own sake. I will work to ensure this case is discontinued and B-Lord is released without further delay.”
KanyiDaily recalls that Blord previously accused VeryDarkMan of theft after N180 million reportedly disappeared from VDM’s NGO account.
Gunmen have abducted an unspecified number of Muslim worshippers in several communities in Borgu Local…
President Bola Tinubu has ordered the suspension of three permanent secretaries after uncovering fake agency…
Former presidential candidate Dele Momodu said he would support President Bola Tinubu if his administration…
Nigerian fashion influencer Diana Eneje has announced her engagement to businessman Pascal Godwin after keeping…
The Federal Government has announced Tuesday, August 25, 2026, as a public holiday to celebrate…
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, said he is focused on strengthening…