Categories: Celebrities

Justice Crack Granted N5m Bail Over Alleged Cybercrime

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to social media personality, Justice Chidebere, popularly known as Justice Crack.

Justice Crack is facing prosecution by the Department of State Services (DSS) over alleged cybercrime offences linked to a viral video involving the Nigerian Army.

On Monday, May 18, Justice Joyce Abdulmalik granted him bail in the sum of N5 million and one surety in like sum.

The bail hearing had earlier been delayed last Thursday due to a disagreement between two lawyers, both claiming they were hired to represent him.

When the case resumed on Monday, the court approved his bail after the Federal Government began presenting its case by calling its first witness, Uruntu Douglas, a DSS operative.

Douglas told the court that he recorded the defendant’s statement after he was handed over to the DSS by the Nigerian Army Intelligence Corps.

According to him, the statement was given willingly amd the datela was retrieved from the defendant’s phone, including images allegedly sent by soldiers complaining about their welfare.

These materials, he said, were later shared across the defendant’s social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, X, YouTube, and TikTok.

Printouts from those platforms were submitted in court and accepted as evidence.

However, the defence lawyer objected to the attempt to present a flash drive and the defendant’s phone as evidence, arguing that the defence team had not been given access to review their contents.

The DSS had filed the charge, marked FHC/ABJ/CR/253/2026, accusing Justine Crack of spreading false information capable of causing unrest, based on the viral video linked to the Nigerian Army.

Justice Crack was previously remanded in prison custody by the court after he was arraigned on charges said to border on cyber-related offences.

One of the charges against him read, “That you, CHIDIEBERE JUSTICE MARK, adult, male, of Plot 88 Sabon-Lugbe, Abuja, on or about the 28th day of April, 2026, in Abuja, within the jurisdiction of this Honorable Court, did circulate information to the public through your social media handle @JusticeCrack, regarding alleged inadequate feeding of Nigerian Army personnel, which you know the said information to be false but posted it for the purpose of causing annoyance, ill will, and hatred, especially among the citizens who hold divergent views and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 24(1) (b) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc) Act, 2015, as amended.”

The case has continued to attract public attention, with supporters describing the prosecution as an attempt to suppress dissent, while authorities insist the charges are in line with existing laws regulating online publications.

ALSO READ: Court Remands Justice Crack In DSS Custody Over Army Feeding Video

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

Nyesom Wike Orders Demolition Of Houses Blocking Waterways In Abuja

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has ordered the demolition of houses…

10 hours ago

Wande Coal Slams Davido Over Remarks About Their Unreleased Collaboration, “Come My Way”

Nigerian singer Wande Coal has reacted to Davido’s comments about their unreleased collaboration on the…

11 hours ago

DSS Invites Ekiti Monarch For Demanding Chair Governor Oyebanji Sat On At Church Service

The Department of State Services (DSS) has invited the Oluyin of Iyin-Ekiti, Oba Adeniyi Adeola…

14 hours ago

Jay-Jay Okocha Picks Lionel Messi Over Cristiano Ronaldo As Better Player

Nigerian football legend Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha has named Argentina star Lionel Messi as his…

15 hours ago

Taiwo Hassan Ogogo Battles Stage-Four Cancer As Daughters Seek Medical Help

The daughters of veteran Yoruba actor Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, have appealed for…

16 hours ago

Man Breaks Into Woman’s House, Steals 27 Pants For Ritual Purposes In Adamawa

A 27-year-old man, Muktar Shehu, has been arraigned for allegedly breaking into a woman’s home…

1 day ago