PHOTOSPEAKS

Falana demands identity of VIP who closed airspace and delayed landing for 30 minutes 3

Popular lawyer and human rights
activist, Femi Falana, has demanded that the federal government reveal
the identity of the VIP whose movement caused a partial closure of the
Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja, last Tuesday.

Falana, who was on an Arik Air Flight W3 271, said the plane stayed in the air for an extra 30 minutes after it approached Abuja from Lagos because the airspace was closed….This Naija sef, shebi same thing that they said  happened to that Dana plane. That it crashed because Una first lady was in Lagos and closed the airspace for two hours. If you missed it, read it HERE, and read her response HERE. Anyway, what if that airplane had ran outta fuel, what would have happened…Sorry for them, but they messed with the wrong man. Dont mind me ooo continue to read the full story and also Mr Femi’s letter to the ministry.

“Having regards to the June 3, 2012 Dana plane crash in Lagos, which
killed all the 153 passengers and crew on board, as well as 10 other
persons in their homes, I was subjected to unwarranted mental and
psychological torture,” he said. “Most other passengers on board were
equally traumatised as the Arik plane was forced to hover in the air for
25 minutes.

When the plane eventually landed, I was reliably informed that there
had been a restriction of movement at the airport for over one hour. In
the process, the fundamental right of hundreds of people to freedom of
movement was violated by the airport authorities at the instance of
the said Very Important Personality.”

In a letter he sent to the Ministry of Aviation, Falana demanded to
know the identity of the said VIP so as to enable him institute legal
action against the person. “In the light of the foregoing I am
compelled to request you to furnish me with the name of the said Very
Important Personality to enable me to sue him for endangering the lives
of over 150 passengers,” the letter read.

This request, he said, is made pursuant to the Freedom of Information
Act, 2011 which has imposed a duty on all public officers to make
requested information available to members of the public.

“Take notice; that if you fail or refuse to accede to my request
within seven days of the receipt of this letter, I shall not hesitate
to apply for an order of mandamus at the Federal High Court with a view
to compelling you to disclose the identity of the said Very Important
Personality forthwith,” he stated.

Culled from Daily Times