the bill which the Lagos State House of Assembly is trying to pass into
law goes through, then you will spend three years in prison with no
option of fine if you’re caught driving one way in Lagos.
1.Riding a motor-cycle against traffic : 1st time offender – N20,000.00 subsequent offender N30,000.00 .
2. Smoking while driving – N20,000.00 fine
3. Failure to give way to traffic on the left at a roundabout – N20,000.00 fine
4. Disobeying traffic control – N20,000.00
5. Riding motor-cycle without crash helmet for rider and passenger – N20, 000: 00 or 3yrs imprisonment
6. Driving without valid driver’s license – Vehicle to be impounded.
7. Driving with fake number plate – N20,000.00 and 6 month imprisonment or both.