PHOTOSPEAKS

Meet UCHE OGAH. The Man Who Might Become The NEXT GOVERNOR OF ABIA STATE

The news that filtered in today that a Federal High court has sacked Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia state is one that has altered the political equation in the South east state.

Meet UCHE OGAH. The Man Who Might Become The NEXT GOVERNOR OF ABIA STATE 3

Justice Okon Abang ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to immediately issue a certificate of return to the plaintiff, Uche Ogah, who polled the second highest number of votes in the primary.

Ikpeazu is expected to appeal the decision up to the Supreme Court level, but while political watchers wait for the governor’s next move, all eyes are on Ogah, the man who may take over from Ikpeazu.

Below are Ten things to know about the man who might be in charge of ‘God’s own state’ soon.

1). His full name is Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah. He is 46 years  old.

2). He is from Uturu, Isikwuato local government area of Abia state.

3). His parents are Mr and Mrs Wilson Ezinne Paulina Ogah. His father was a known sanitary inspector in the area.

4). His educational qualifications include WAEC from Ishiagu High School, Abia state; Higher National Diploma in Accounting from the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu state; Post Graduate Diploma from the University of Nigeria Nsukka; Bachelor of Science degree (Banking and Finance) from Ogun state university and a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Lagos.

5). He spent over 10 years in banking sector. He voluntarily resigned from Zenith Bank as an assistant general manager before setting up his own business.

More when you continue…..

6).  He is the founder of Masters Energy Group, a conglomerate with over 15 subsidiaries and interests spanning across Oil & Gas, Banking, Insurance, Aviation, Shipping, Dredging, Logistics, Construction, Travel Agency, Power, e.t.c. with over 42,000 workforce.

7).  He is reputed to have built the largest gas storage facility in sub-Saharan Africa and fabrication steel yard for upstream, in his home town.

8). He was bestowed with a national honour – Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON) by former President Goodluck Jonathan and also holds an Honourary Doctorate Degree in Business Administration.

9). He is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Institute of Brand Management of Nigeria, Nigerian Institute of Shipping and Chartered Institute of Bankers.

10). He is the founder of Uche Ogah Foundation. The Foundation was primarily set up for empowerment, poverty and education.

will he be the new governor of Abia state?

Business20 hours ago