News

President Buhari Has Reacted To The killing Of 118 Nigerian Soldiers By Boko Haram At Metele, Borno state

President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to the killing of 118 Nigerian soldiers by Boko Haram at  Metele village, Guzamala local government area of Borno State, on Monday, November 19, 2018.

We reported earlier that the number of Nigerian soldiers who were killed during the attack at Metele village, Borno State, has reportedly increased from 100 to 118, and 153 others are yet to be accounted for. Read the report HERE.

Reacting to the killings, the President issued a statement on Twitter on Saturday, November 24, 2018, assuring all Nigerians that the loopholes which led to the attacks will be blocked. The statement reads:

“No responsible Commander-in-Chief would rest on his oars or fold his hands to allow terrorists to endanger the lives of its military personnel and other citizens.

“Our loyal forces have proved their strength over the terrorists and we are ready to give them all the needed support in terms of equipment and manpower to succeed in ending the renewed threat.

“In the coming days, I am engaging the Military and Intelligence Chiefs in extensive discussions on the next steps we shall be taking.”

President Buhari also noted that fighting terrorism has taken a global dimension, which necessitates international collaboration among states facing similar security challenges.

He reassured Nigerians of his continued commitment to their security and also, of his efforts to sustain the momentum gained from the previous successes recorded against the terror group.

The President also advised against making political capital out of national tragedy, stressing that members of the armed forces are one family who is commonly committed to the security and safety of all Nigerians.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

“Davido Was Targeted” – Police Confirm Attack On Governor Adeleke’s Convoy

Osun State Police Command said singer Davido was the alleged target of an attack on…

2 hours ago

Chidimma Adetshina’s Deportation Case Adjorned As South Africans Demand Her Returns To Nigeria

Anti-migrant protesters gathered outside the Cape Town Regional Court on Wednesday as proceedings against former…

3 hours ago

Lagos, Ogun Declare Thursday Public Holiday To Celebrate Isese Day

The Lagos and Ogun State governments have declared Thursday, August 20, 2026, a public holiday…

19 hours ago

MC Oluomo Is The Only Married Man I’ve Dated — Ehi Ogbebor [Video]

Lagos socialite and interior designer Ehi Ogbebor has spoken about her relationship with Musiliu Akinsanya,…

20 hours ago

Adeleke Receives Certificate Of Return, Says “I’ve Forgiven Those Who Offended Me ”

Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has received his Certificate of Return from the Independent National…

21 hours ago

“We Dated The Same Woman” — Blaqbonez Speaks On Feud With Odumodublvck

Nigerian rapper Blaqbonez has spoken about his long-running dispute with fellow rapper Odumodublvck, explaining that…

22 hours ago