6000 APC Members Decamp To PDP Ahead Of Next Month’s Governorship Election In Bayelsa

6000 APC Members Decamp To PDP Ahead Of Next Month's Governorship Election In Bayelsa 3

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has welcomed thousands from the All Progressives Congress (APC) leaders and members as gubernatorial elections in Bayelsa state draw nearer.

Governor Henry Seriake Dickson disclosed this during the governorship campaign flag-off in Yenagoa on Monday, October 7, 2019.

He has boasted that the November 16 governorship election would be worse for APC as the opposition party which is not ready to campaign would not win one ward in the state.

Dickson further attacked the APC, saying that it has failed to provide solutions to the many problems plaguing the state.

While thanking the people of Bayelsa for massively supporting the PDP over the years, the governor warned the Independent National Electoral Commission and security operatives against any form of intimidation and manipulation.

Dickson noted that the overwhelming support the PDP enjoys in the state would make the party to once again win with a greater margin in the forthcoming poll. He said:

“We are presenting a ticket of stability, a ticket of development and not a ticket that will turn this state to a gathering of hooligans and criminals where people will be running away as they were doing before.

“That is why we are presenting this ticket and by the grace of God your next governor in 2020 will be Senator Douye Diri.

“This election is about you and your future. It is not about Governor Dickson. By the grace of God, and with your support I am today the longest-serving governor in the state.

“Just as we defeated them with their so-called federal support in 2015, we will defeat them with bigger margins in November.”

Business22 mins ago