Categories: News

EFCC Arraigns Buhari’s Former Adviser For Allegedly Diverting N974 Million

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arraigned Brig. Gen Paul Boroh for alleged fraud to the tune of N974m and diversion of $1.9m.

Boroh is a former Special Adviser on Niger Delta matters to President Muhammadu Buhari.

According to Punch, Boroh was arraigned alongside Hanafi Moriki before Justice O. O. Goodluck of the FCT High Court on nine counts.

The EFCC and other security agencies were reportedly investigating Boroh as millions of dollars were traced to him.

The EFCC said in a statement by its spokesman, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, “that the defendants on different occasions dishonestly converted the sums of N8,601,571; N106,288,445; N12,078,450; N382,800,000; N456,000,000; N9,000,000 and more, while being public officers.”

However, they both pleaded not guilty to all the counts brought against them by the EFCC.

In view of their plea, counsel for Boroh, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), prayed the court to grant his client bail on liberal terms, stating that his client willingly brought himself to court despite his failing health.

Counsel to the second defendant, O.A. Dada, also prayed the court to grant his client bail on liberal terms.

The prosecuting counsel, Aisha A.T. Habib, opposed the bail applications, stating that a counter-affidavit had been filed against the applications and prayed the court to grant the case accelerated hearing.

The judge granted Boroh and Moriki N2m and N20m bail respectively.

They were also asked to provide two sureties not below the rank of assistant director in the federal public service, who must be resident in Abuja. The defendants are also to deposit their passports with the court registry.

Justice Goodluck thereafter adjourned the case till November 26, 27 and December 3 and 4, 2019 for trial.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

Femi Otedola Announces Plans To Invest $100m In Dangote Refinery

Femi Otedola, chairman of First HoldCo, said he plans to invest $100 million in the…

6 hours ago

My Heart Is Heavy Over Painful Killings And Abductions In Oyo – Toyin Abraham

Nollywood actress Toyin Abraham has decried the growing cases of killings and kidnappings in Oyo…

7 hours ago

Portugal Name Cristiano Ronaldo For Friendly Match With Nigeria Ahead Of World Cup

Portugal head coach Roberto Martinez has unveiled his squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup,…

7 hours ago

Desmond Elliot Withdraws From Surulere APC Primary, Alleges Intimidation [Video]

Desmond Elliot has withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress (APC) primary election for the Surulere…

8 hours ago

NDLEA Uncovers N480bn Meth Laboratory In Ogun Forest, Arrests Three Mexicans

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has uncovered a methamphetamine laboratory in Ogun State.…

9 hours ago

Tinubu Doesn’t Trust Me Because I Once Worked For Peter Obi – Cubana Chief Priest

Socialite Cubana Chief Priest said President Bola Tinubu does not fully trust him, which he…

13 hours ago