“The Only Safest Place For You In Nigeria Is Prison” – Justice Nyako Replies Nnamdi Kanu

"The Only Safest Place For You In Nigeria Is Prison" - Justice Nyako Replies Nnamdi Kanu 3

Abuja Federal High Court judge, Justice Binta Nyako has responded to a plea by Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), over his ‘abandoned’ trial.

Nnamdi Kanu had told Justice Binta that he was ready to return to Nigeria to continue his trial if he would be guaranteed of his safety.

But Justice Binta Nyako, told him that the only way he could guarantee his safety was to keep him in the prison.

This was what transpired at the court on Thursday, after counsel to the IPOB leader, Ifeanyi Ejiofor told the judge that his client was ready to face trial in Nigeria should his safety be guaranteed.

Ejiofor said he had since filed an application to restore Nnamdi Kanu’s bail to enable him continue his trial. He said:

“We have an application for bail filed on April 1, 2019. The application was served on the prosecution and it is due for hearing.

“We urge the court to restore his bail on the ground that the court will guarantee his safety when he comes back to the country to continue his trial.”

Delivering the ruling, Justice Nyako said the only way he could guarantee his safety is by returning him to prison, because even judges, in Nigeria these days, were no longer safe.

“Even judges are being abducted in the country. So prison is the only safest place for him,” she said.

Justice Nyako, who adjourned the matter till Jan. 16, 2020.

"I'm The First Of My Kind, No Nigerian Artist Can Match My Talent" – Whitemoney
Celebrities1 hour ago

“I’m The First Of My Kind, No Nigerian Artist Can Match My Talent” – Whitemoney

Nicki Minaj Arrested By Police In Amsterdam For "Carrying Drug" [Video]

Nicki Minaj Arrested By Police In Amsterdam For “Carrying Drugs” [Video]

FA Cup Final: Man City 1-2 Man United, Updates, Score, Analysis, Highlights [Video] 6

How My Nude Scene With Eucharia Anunobi Affected My Marriage – Zack Orji [Video]

Harrysong Vows To Expose Evil Deeds Done By His Ex-Wife, KCee, Destiny Etiko And Her Mother

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olanrewaju Not Father Of His 3 Children With Wife

DNA Test Reveals Kayode Olanrewaju Not Father Of His 3 Children With Wife

TapSwap: How To Make Money Online By Simply Tapping Your Phone Screen
Tech and Gadgets2 days ago

TapSwap: How To Make Money Online By Simply Tapping Your Phone Screen

Why TapSwap Banned Nigerians | Everything You Need To Know About Make Money With TapSwap
Tech and Gadgets2 days ago

Why TapSwap Banned Nigerians | Everything You Need To Know About Making Money With TapSwap

“I Apologies If I Disappointed You” - BLord Says As He Announces Plan To Marry Second Wife

“I Apologise If I Disappointed You” – BLord Says As He Announces Plan To Marry Second Wife

Paul Okoye Reportedly Marries Ivy Ifeoma Traditionally Amid Pregnancy Rumours [Video]

Governor Abba Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero

Governor Abba Yusuf Orders Arrest Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Aminu Bayero

NELFund Opens Portal For Students Loan Application - How To Apply
Education3 days ago

NELFund Opens Portal For Students Loan Application – How To Apply

15-Year-Old Italian Teenager, Carlo Acutis Set To Become The First 'Millennial Saint'
World News3 days ago

15-Year-Old Italian Teenager, Carlo Acutis Set To Become The First ‘Millennial Saint’

"My Father Fela Had 27 Wives And Over 100 Girlfriends" – Seun Kuti Reveals [Video]

“My Father Fela Had 27 Wives And Over 100 Girlfriends” – Seun Kuti Reveals [Video]

Zubby Michael Acknowledges That Angela Okorie Is In love With Him

Zubby Michael Acknowledges That Angela Okorie Is In love With Him

Another Woman Accuses Diddy Of Forcing Her To Have Sεx With Kim Porter While He Mαsturbated

Sanusi Lamido Receives Reinstatement Letter, Turbaned As Emir Of Kano [Photos/Video]

Diving into Diverse Crypto Trading Opportunities 7
Business3 days ago

Diving into Diverse Crypto Trading Opportunities

FG Halt Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project Realignment After Landmark Beach Demolition

Connecting Continents: Google Introduces Umoja, Africa’s First Direct Fiber Link to Australia 8
Business3 days ago