Categories: News

Federal Government Begins Selection Of 500,000 N-Power Batch C Beneficiaries

The Federal Government has announced the commencement of the selection process for 500,000 Batch C beneficiaries of the N-Power programme.

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq, disclosed this on Thursday in Abuja during the inauguration of the National Social Investment Management System (NASIMS).

According to Mrs. Farouq, one million persons would benefit in the current batch C of the social investment programme, adding that the beneficiaries would be required to undergo a mandatory online test as part of the selection process.

She noted that the Batch C programme would run for 12 months, stressing that each beneficiary would be paid a monthly stipend of N30,000 each.

“We have reached another milestone in the process of recruiting and onboarding of the Batch C N-Power beneficiaries beginning with 500,000 beneficiaries.

“The N-Power Batch C as inaugurated today is structured to onboard one million new beneficiaries, beginning with an initial 500,000 beneficiaries in the first stream.

“A subsequent 500,000 beneficiaries in a second stream, all aligned to the national policy drive of lifting 100 million people out of abject poverty in 10 years.”

The minister said all applicants had been migrated onto the NASIMS platform and that they would undergo a mandatory online test as part of the selection process.

“The programme is now positioned to be more strategic through the NASIMS. Beneficiaries will now be able to get more from programme, and experience a seamless verification process as well as an efficient transition and exit management plan through the NASIMS.

“Beneficiaries can now log into http://nasims.gov.ng to take their test and subsequently carry out the process. npower@nasims.gov.ng is the dedicated email address for complaints and enquiries,” she added.

 

This is coming a few months after President Buhari increased the number of beneficiaries of the N-Power, school feeding, other National Social Investment Programmes in other to accommodate more people.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

“He’s Afraid Of Me” – Doris Ogala Vows To Defeat Alex Otti In Abia Election

Nollywood actress and African Action Congress (AAC) governorship candidate in Abia State, Doris Ogala, has…

5 hours ago

Tinubu Receives Adeleke At Aso Villa After Osun Election Victory

President Bola Tinubu on Thursday met privately with Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke at the…

5 hours ago

Shina Peller To Contest Oyo North Senate Seat Under APM In 2027

Former House of Representatives member Shina Peller has announced his plan to contest for the…

6 hours ago

Hilda Baci Threatens To Sue Seyi Vibez For Alleging ‘Her Food Almost Killed Him’

Nigerian elebrity chef Hilda Baci has threatened to sue singer Seyi Vibez over comments she…

7 hours ago

Okorocha Sues Uzodimma, INEC Over APC Imo West Senatorial Ticket

Former Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has dragged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to…

10 hours ago

“Davido Was Targeted” – Police Confirm Attack On Governor Adeleke’s Convoy

Osun State Police Command said singer Davido was the alleged target of an attack on…

13 hours ago