Categories: News

Governor Soludo Says Prophet Odumeje Would Pay For The Cost Of Demolishing His Church

Anambra State Governor, Charles Soludo said the General Overseer of Mountain of Holy Ghost Intervention and Deliverance Ministry Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere, popular known as Odumeje, would pay the cost of demolishing his church.

Soludo and Odumeje

KanyiDaily had reported how members of Anambra Task Force demolished Odumeje’s church on Thursday and there was a face-off between the pastor and some of the task force members.

Speaking on Friday night, Solubo said there were several notices sent to all those whose properties were marked for demolition, but they failed to remove such structures within a timeframe.

The governor, who noted that those affected will pay for the cost of demolishing their structures, said that two parishes of the Catholic church were still waiting for demolition.

He said, “It is costing us money. They had several notices to remove such structures, but they refused.

“The demolition started yesterday (Thursday), and so far so good. The demolition went well, except for Pastor Odumeje, who according to the report drove in, in a brazen manner and attempted to take over the equipment.

“Of course, state work must go on, and security had to stop him. This was a man who was in several meetings we had, and also spoke.

“In fact, this is costing us money, and the structures should have been removed before now, but they chose to test the resolve of the government.

“Once we are done with this exercise, we will compile the bills and send to the persons involved, and they must pay.”

Soludo said two Catholic parishes involved in the illegal structures demolition are St. Dominic Catholic church and Our Lady Queen Catholic church.

He stated that the parish priest of Our Lady Queen Catholic Parish was around when the demolition team visited, and even cooperated, and also granted an interview.

The governor regretted that Pastor Odumeje took laws into his hands and attempted to stop the exercise.

KanyiDaily recalls that Governor Charles Soludo has explained that Odumeje’s building was demolished because it was tagged “illegal building” for encroaching on a huge canal.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

1,100 Nigerian Migrants Return From Niger Republic By Road – NIS

The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has confirmed that more than 1,100 Nigerian migrants have returned…

8 hours ago

Yul Edochie Reveals Why Men Shouldn’t Hold Grudges Against Their Wives

Nollywood actor Yul Edochie has advised married men not to stay angry with their wives,…

9 hours ago

Blaqbonez Reveals Why He Rejected Don Jazzy’s $1m To Join Mavin Records

Nigerian rapper Blaqbonez has revealed why he turned down an alleged offer to join Mavin…

10 hours ago

If You Sleep With My Wife As A Man, Your Life Will Get Spoilt Beyond Repair – Isreal DMW

Isreal DMW, the manager of Nigerian music star Davido, has warned that any man who…

10 hours ago

Pep Guardiola Confirms He Will Leave Manchester City After 10 Years

Pep Guardiola has confirmed he will leave Manchester City this weekend, bringing an end to…

11 hours ago

I Like Watching Videos Of My Husband Sleeping With Other Women – K. Michelle

American singer K. Michelle said she is not bothered if her husband has sexual relationships…

12 hours ago