Categories: News

Why we demolished Odumeje church – Anambra State government

Anambra State Governor Charles Chukwuma Soludo in a statement released this evening explained why the state demolished Odumeje Church, The ”Mountain of Holy Ghost Intervention and Deliverance Ministry” building owned by controversial Prophet Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere, a.k.a ‘Odumeje’ in Onitsha, Anambra State.

The statement signed by Governor Soludo’s Chief Press Secretary, Christian Aburime, stated that the cleric failed to comply with the government’s directive to remove the illegal structure he built on the waterway.

READ: Prophet Odumeje Pauses His Prayer To Insult Someone During Online Program [Video]

What happened to Odumeje Church?

Earlier this year, the Odumeje church building was identified by the government as one of the buildings sitting on drainage channels, and marked for demolition, in line with Onitsha Urban Renewal Plan spearheaded by the Soludo-led administration.

The statement reads:

“Following the expiration of the more than two weeks notice beginning from April 2022 served on developers and building owners who built several illegal structures along the waterway in Fegge and environs within Onitsha, Anambra state government has begun demolition of such structures.

“The exercise which is being carried out by a joint government task force, commenced the exercise from Bida Road by Modebe Avenue, Fegge Onitsha.

“The affected buildings include Mountain of Holy Ghost Intervention Deliverance Ministries, shops and other perimeter fences.

“The structures were marked since April, 2022 and all developers and building owners were served notice to remove such illegal structures.”

During Thursday’s demolition exercise, Odumeje was manhandled by security agencies who accompanied the demolition team following his attempt to stop the officials from demolishing his church.

A viral video showed the comic cleric being assaulted by security men, including police officers and men of the vigilante services.

He was severally slapped, and restricted from moving to the demolition area by armed security men.

The video however sparked mixed reactions, with many condemning the treatment of the cleric, while others described it as a welcome development.

READ: Video of Mobile police officers slapping Prophet Odumeje as bulldozers destroy his church

Kanyi Okeke

Kanyi is the Founder & Editor-in-Chief of KanyiDaily.com. When she's not serving DAILY delicious scoops on Entertainment and news, you can find her reading a book by the beach. Keep up with Kanyi on Instagram and Twitter or through her email Kanyi@KanyiDaily.com

Recent Posts

I’ll swim Atlantic For Tinubu If He Practises What We Fought For – Dele Momodu

Former presidential candidate Dele Momodu said he would support President Bola Tinubu if his administration…

10 hours ago

Diana Eneje Announces Her Engagement To Pascal Godwin [Photos]

Nigerian fashion influencer Diana Eneje has announced her engagement to businessman Pascal Godwin after keeping…

10 hours ago

Nigerian Government Declares Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid ul Mawlid

The Federal Government has announced Tuesday, August 25, 2026, as a public holiday to celebrate…

11 hours ago

Adeleke Belong To Us, 2027 lEction Will Be Concluded Before It Starts – Wike

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, said he is focused on strengthening…

12 hours ago

“Nobody Can Stop Davido From Coming To Edo” – Israel DMW Replies Okpebholo’s Aide

Israel DMW, the logistics manager of Afrobeats star Davido, has dismissed the claim that the…

12 hours ago

“We Don’t Want To See You Again” – Okpebholo’s Aide Bans Davido From Coming To Edo [Video]

The Senior Special Assistant to Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo on Digital Media, Apostle Kassy…

13 hours ago