Few days after he was declared missing, the Ondo State Police Command on Sunday, confirmed the murder of a Director of the Ondo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM), Gbenga Olofinmoyegun.
Olofinmoyegun was declared missing since Thursday last week.
The Spokesperson of the command, Funmilayo Odunlami, disclosed this in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) in Akure, the Ondo state capital.
Odunlami said the mutilated corpse of the director was found on Saturday in Akure.
She disclosed that Olofinmoyegun was identified by some people through the suit he wore before he went missing.
“Yesterday afternoon somebody called to inform us that a decomposing corpse was found at Saint Theresa, close to St. Peter in Akure.
“When the police got there to remove the corpse some people came around and identified him as the director we have been searching for in the past three days.
“It was his suit they used to identify him, but his head has been cut off and his chest ripped open while his intestine was removed,” Odunlami said.
The command image maker said investigation is still ongoing to unravel the circumstances behind the killing of the director.
“Investigation has started, his phone was left behind and some other things too. So, we are going to work with what we have to know if he had issues with anybody.
“And maybe it’s a ritual case, but it is an investigation that will reveal all these,” the spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, Kanyi Daily had reported how gunmen abducted and beheaded a former Anambra state assembly lawmaker, Okechukwu Okoye.
Nigerian hypeman Fisayo Michael, popularly known as MC Fish, has opened up about the reasons…
Siminalayi Fubara, the governor of Rivers State, has withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress (APC)…
Femi Otedola, chairman of First HoldCo, said he plans to invest $100 million in the…
Nollywood actress Toyin Abraham has decried the growing cases of killings and kidnappings in Oyo…
Portugal head coach Roberto Martinez has unveiled his squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup,…
Desmond Elliot has withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress (APC) primary election for the Surulere…