Categories: News

VIDEO: US Military Attack ISIS Terrorists in Northwestern Nigeria

United States President Donald Trump has announced that he’d ordered a deadly strike on Islamic State terrorists in Nigeria, who he has accused of persecuting Christians in the country.


In a post shared on social media on Christmas Day, Trump said he’d directed a “powerful and deadly strike against ISIS Terrorist Scum in Northwest Nigeria,” who he said had been killing innocent Christians.

US Africa Command said it conducted the strikes in Sokoto state, which borders Niger to the north, “in coordination with Nigerian authorities.” AFRICOM’s initial assessment is that “multiple ISIS terrorists were killed in the ISIS camps,” according to a news release.

In another statement posted to X on Thursday, which was later deleted, AFRICOM said it had conducted the attack at the request of Nigerian authorities.

In a statement shared with CNN, Nigerian Foreign Ministry confirmed cooperation with the US on air strikes on “terrorist targets” and reiterated the country’s commitment to upholding the rights of all citizens, “irrespective of faith or ethnicity.”

Daniel Bwala, special advisor to Nigerian President Bola Tinubu, told CNN: “The US and Nigeria are on the same page in the fight against terrorism.

Sharing the news, Donald wrote on his Truth Social:

“I have previously warned these Terrorists that if they did not stop the slaughtering of Christians, there would be hell to pay, and tonight, there was,”

“The Department of War executed numerous perfect strikes, as only the United States is capable of doing.”

“Under my leadership, our Country will not allow Radical Islamic Terrorism to prosper. May God Bless our Military, and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, including the dead Terrorists, of which there will be many more if their slaughter of Christians continues”.

Trump has focused for the last several months on the plight of Christians in Nigeria, including calling in November on his secretary of defense to “prepare for possible action” and warning the US would enter Nigeria “guns-a-blazing” to protect the Christian population of Africa’s most populous country.

A video of the attack showing the moment US Military fired Tomahawk Missiles at the terrorists camp in Sokoto was also shared by the US Defense.

Watch Video of US Military Bombing ISIS in Nigeria

Jide

Follow KanyiDaily.com on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter @KanyiDaily

Recent Posts

Abdulaziz Yari Leads APC 108-Member Campaign Council For Tinubu’s Re-Election

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has unveiled a 108-member presidential campaign council ahead of the…

23 minutes ago

Gunmen Attack Niger Communities, Abduct Muslim Worshippers After Juma’at Prayer

Gunmen have abducted an unspecified number of Muslim worshippers in several communities in Borgu Local…

2 hours ago

Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over Fresh Fake Agency

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the suspension of three permanent secretaries after uncovering fake agency…

2 hours ago

I’ll swim Atlantic For Tinubu If He Practises What We Fought For – Dele Momodu

Former presidential candidate Dele Momodu said he would support President Bola Tinubu if his administration…

16 hours ago

Diana Eneje Announces Her Engagement To Pascal Godwin [Photos]

Nigerian fashion influencer Diana Eneje has announced her engagement to businessman Pascal Godwin after keeping…

17 hours ago

Nigerian Government Declares Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid ul Mawlid

The Federal Government has announced Tuesday, August 25, 2026, as a public holiday to celebrate…

17 hours ago