PHOTOSPEAKS

ISIS Names New Boko Haram Leader To Replace Abubakar Shekau

The Islamic State, better known as ISIS, has announced a new leader for the insurgent group, Boko Haram.

ISIS Names New Boko Haram Leader To Replace Abubakar Shekau 5
ISIS Names New Boko Haram Leader To Replace Abubakar Shekau 6

"use strict"; var adace_load_666d552ad8a02 = function(){ var viewport = $(window).width(); var tabletStart = 601; var landscapeStart = 801; var tabletEnd = 961; var content = '%3Cdiv%20class%3D%22adace_adsense_666d552ad89d8%22%3E%3Cscript%20async%20src%3D%22%2F%2Fpagead2.googlesyndication.com%2Fpagead%2Fjs%2Fadsbygoogle.js%22%3E%3C%2Fscript%3E%0A%09%09%3Cins%20class%3D%22adsbygoogle%22%0A%09%09style%3D%22display%3Ablock%3B%22%0A%09%09data-ad-client%3D%22ca-pub-2233808518455682%22%0A%09%09data-ad-slot%3D%221717524128%22%0A%09%09data-ad-format%3D%22auto%22%0A%09%09%3E%3C%2Fins%3E%0A%09%09%3Cscript%3E%28adsbygoogle%20%3D%20window.adsbygoogle%20%7C%7C%20%5B%5D%29.push%28%7B%7D%29%3B%3C%2Fscript%3E%3C%2Fdiv%3E'; var unpack = true; if(viewport=tabletStart && viewport=landscapeStart && viewport=tabletStart && viewport=tabletEnd){ if ($wrapper.hasClass('.adace-hide-on-desktop')){ $wrapper.remove(); } } if(unpack) { $self.replaceWith(decodeURIComponent(content)); } } if($wrapper.css('visibility') === 'visible' ) { adace_load_666d552ad8a02(); } else { //fire when visible. var refreshIntervalId = setInterval(function(){ if($wrapper.css('visibility') === 'visible' ) { adace_load_666d552ad8a02(); clearInterval(refreshIntervalId); } }, 999); }

})(jQuery);

According to an exclusive report by BBC Africa, the world’s most popular terrorist group, Islamic State, better known as ISIS, has announced a new leader for the Nigerian insurgent group, Boko Haram.

In the latest issue of an ISIS magazine, the former spokesman for Boko Haram, Abu Musab al-Barnawi, has been named as the new leader replacing Abubakar Shekau.

Read how BBC reported the story when you continue….

“The so-called Islamic State (IS) jihadist group has announced a new leader for its West African branch, popularly known as Boko Haram.

“The latest issue of an IS magazine featured what it called its first interview with Abu Musab al-Barnawi, who replaces the eccentric Abubakar Shekau.

“In a video clip released in January 2015, Mr al-Barnawi described himself as the spokesman for Boko Haram. This was before the Nigeria-based jihadist group pledged allegiance to IS.

“Now IS says he has replaced Mr Shekau, who has not made a verified appearance in propaganda production since August 2015.”

Spotify’s refreshed ‘New Music Friday Naija’ spotlights Nigeria's rising stars 7
Business47 mins ago