Entertainment

Idris Elba Named People’s Most Sexiest Man Alive 2018, Says His Mum Would Be Very Proud

Idris Elba Named People's Most Sexiest Man Alive 2018, Says His Mum Would Be Very Proud 5

46-year-old-year-old actor Idris Elba who appeared live on the Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon on Monday has been announced as this year’s recipient by the weekly publication as the People Magazine’s 2018 Sexiest Man Alive.

Idris faced heavy competition including the likes of Michael B. Jordan, Jason Momoa, and Chris Pratt but we’re pretty sure no one is going to disagree with the fact that Idris Elba has long been considered one of the most handsome actors in the world.

Idris Elba Named People's Most Sexiest Man Alive 2018, Says His Mum Would Be Very Proud 6

Last year’s winner Blake Shelton surprise many when he won the title because he is known more as that joking, good-old-boy country singer who spars with Adam Levine on “The Voice.”

The Voice coach took the negative reaction in stride despite the backlash at the time

‘I’ve been ugly my whole life,’ Shelton, 43, said in a statement last year. ‘If I can be sexy for a year, I’m taking it!’

Idris was in London when Jimmy Fallon revealed the cover of the highly-anticipated magazine which featured the Beast Of No Nation with a huge smile on his face. He kept his look casual cool in a grey cardigan sweater over a plain white T-Shirt and blue jeans.

Hilariously, Elba looked unimpressed with his cover image at first before admitting, “It’s amazing.”

He went on to say:

“I’m really, really happy with that, man. Thank you so much, People magazine for making me sexiest man in the world. I’m loving that. It’s an honor. My mom is going to be very, very proud.”

In the accompanying People article he talked about his reaction to earning the coveted title.

‘I was like, “Come on, no way. Really?”‘ Idris said. ‘Looked in the mirror, I checked myself out. I was like, “Yeah, you are kind of sexy today.” But to be honest, it was just a nice feeling. It was a nice surprise — an ego boost for sure.’

No doubt millions of women will be excited about the news but the British actor will soon be off the market as he is planning his wedding to fiancée Sabrina Dhowre, 29, who famously accompanied him to the Royal Wedding back in May.

Elba was sweet and humble in accepting the honor. We’re just disappointed Shelton didn’t fly out to London to hand him a “Sexiest Man Alive” crown or something. Beauty queens get crowns, so why not sexy men? Or at the very least, can we get Idris Elba as James Bond? That character oozes sexy and now Elba has the official credentials.

"You Told Filmmakers Not To Hire Me" - Motilola Akinlami Calls Out Kunle Afod

“You Told Filmmakers Not To Hire Me” – Motilola Akinlami Calls Out Kunle Afod

"No Bow Leg In Our Family" – Mohbad’s Father Insists Wunmi Is Guilty Of Paternity Fraud

“No Bow Leg In Our Family” – Mohbad’s Father Insists Wunmi Is Guilty Of Paternity Fraud

Portable Acquires New Mercedes Benz, Days After His Arrest Over G-Wagon Debt

Portable Acquires New Mercedes Benz, Days After His Arrest Over G-Wagon Debt

I Took Junior Pope Like A Brother But He Stabbed Me In The Back Repeatedly – Yul Edochie

"Don’t Allow Anybody Drag You Into Politics" – Akpabio Tells Davido During Courtesy Visit

“Don’t Allow Anybody Drag You Into Politics” – Akpabio Tells Davido During Courtesy Visit

Spyro Reveals Why He Would Never Be In The Same Room With BBNaija Star, Nengi

Former Labour Minister, Ajibola Afonja Is Dead

Kehinde Wiley Reacts As Joseph Awuah-Darko Accuses Him Of Sexual Assault

Kehinde Wiley Reacts As Joseph Awuah-Darko Accuses Him Of Sexual Assault

Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu’s Fresh Bail Request, Removal From DSS Custody
News1 day ago

Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu’s Fresh Bail Request, Removal From DSS Custody

"If There’s More, Confess In Advance” – Bovi Advices Diddy After He Apologized For Assaulting Cassie

“If There’s More, Confess In Advance” – Bovi Advices Diddy After He Apologized For Assaulting Cassie

"I'll Retire As Young Billionaire" - BBNaija Ka3na Brags As She Sales Her Property $900 Million

“I’ll Retire As Young Billionaire” – BBNaija Ka3na Brags As She Sales Her Property $900 Million

Jaywon Slams People Who Are 'Judging' Diddy For Assaulting His Ex-Girlfriend Cassie

Jaywon Slams People Who Are ‘Judging’ Diddy For Assaulting His Ex-Girlfriend Cassie

Iran’s President Ebrahim Raisi, Foreign Minister, 7 Others Confirmed Dead In Helicopter Crash
World News2 days ago

Caroline Danjuma Addresses Oritsefemi's Claim That She Was Married To Davido’s Late Friend Tagbo

Caroline Danjuma Addresses Oritsefemi’s Claim That She Was Married To Davido’s Late Friend Tagbo

“I Will Never Marry A Man Who Can’t Afford A Cook” BBNaija's Doyin David [Video]

“I Will Never Marry A Man Who Can’t Afford A Cook” – BBNaija’s Doyin David [Video]

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Caught On Camera Beating, Kicking His Ex-Girlfriend, Cassie Ventura [Video]

Sean ”Diddy” Combs apologises after horrific video of him assaulting ex girlfriend Cassie goes viral

Christian Malanga Dead as Government forces foil coup in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) 7
World News2 days ago

“I've Collected My Glory Back” – Portable Jubilates As His Former Manager, Stelliza Dies In Car Accident [Video]

“I’ve Collected My Glory Back” – Portable Jubilates As His Former Manager, Stelliza Dies In Car Accident [Video]