Categories: News

Amaechi Explains Why Igbo Will Not Produce President In 2023, Advises Atiku

The Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi has said that Igbo have no chance of taking over from President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023 because the South East voted against the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the 2019 presidential election.

During an interview with The Sun, Amaechi said people like him would have helped to bargain for Igbo Presidency had it been the South East supported Buhari in the last polls. He said:

“I was the first to do that but I don’t know what the situation is now. I don’t know what they will do now for voting against the APC. For refusing to support the APC, they cannot come to the table to demand the presidency slot.

“For people like us in the APC, if the Igbo had come and voted Buhari, they would boldly tell Mr President and the National Chairman of the party that presidency should go the Southeast since the South-south; South-west and North-west have produced president. What argument would the Southeast come up with now to convince anybody that they deserve the slot for 2023 president?”

On Atiku Abubakar‘s case against Buhari at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal, Amaechi said it will amount to nothing. He said:

“I won’t give him any other advice because everybody wants to crucify me over the one I gave to him previously. I had told him that it was unnecessary to drag President Buhari to court.

“That he should rather allow him do his remaining four years for the interest of the country since 2023 is already here with us. Some persons felt that it was unnecessary advice and I stopped.”

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

Okorocha Sues Uzodimma, INEC Over APC Imo West Senatorial Ticket

Former Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has dragged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to…

6 minutes ago

“Davido Was Targeted” – Police Confirm Attack On Governor Adeleke’s Convoy

Osun State Police Command said singer Davido was the alleged target of an attack on…

2 hours ago

Chidimma Adetshina’s Deportation Case Adjorned As South Africans Demand Her Returns To Nigeria

Anti-migrant protesters gathered outside the Cape Town Regional Court on Wednesday as proceedings against former…

3 hours ago

Lagos, Ogun Declare Thursday Public Holiday To Celebrate Isese Day

The Lagos and Ogun State governments have declared Thursday, August 20, 2026, a public holiday…

20 hours ago

MC Oluomo Is The Only Married Man I’ve Dated — Ehi Ogbebor [Video]

Lagos socialite and interior designer Ehi Ogbebor has spoken about her relationship with Musiliu Akinsanya,…

20 hours ago

Adeleke Receives Certificate Of Return, Says “I’ve Forgiven Those Who Offended Me ”

Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has received his Certificate of Return from the Independent National…

21 hours ago