Hamisu Wadume Denies Being A Kidnapper, Reveals How He Became A Millionaire

Hamisu Wadume Denies Being A Kidnapper, Reveals How He Became A Millionaire 3

Hamisu Wadume, the Taraba man recently identified as a kidnap kingpin by the Nigerian Police Force, has denied any involvement in abduction-for-ransom schemes, saying the police were wrong about.

Mr. Wadume was the ‘high profile’ kidnapping suspect that escaped after being arrested by the police on 6th August 2019. His initial escape was aided by some soldiers who ended up killing three police officers and a civilian.

The Taraba man became the ‘most wanted kidnap kingpin’ after he was rescued by Nigerian soldiers in a fatal deadly encounter with a police team.

Mr. Wadume was re-arrested by the IGP Intelligence Response Team on Monday evening, in Kano State, and brought to the Force Headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday, ending weeks of a manhunt for him.

During interrogation, Mr Wadume told police chiefs that he acquired his wealth primarily from fishing, which he said he did for decades, according to multiple sources familiar with the questioning.

“But he also admitted to being a 419 by deceiving people with traditional medicine to get millions from them,” police sources told PREMIUM TIMES.

“He insisted that he was not involved in kidnapping and the 419 was only a fraction of his large wealth.”

Meanwhile, some residents of Ibi, which is the hometown of the multi-millionaire kidnapper in Taraba State, have expressed sadness over the arrest of Wadume, saying he is kind and generous to them.

News1 day ago