Man Declared Wanted After Filing, Completing Divorce From Wife Without Her Knowledge 3

A Houston-area man has been declared wanted by authorities after he allegedly filed and completed a divorce from his wife without ever telling her.

51-year-old Paul Nixon of Harris County, submitted “several forged documents and false information” to a district court, “including a forged waiver of service” and a forged signature from a notary public in an effort to divorce his wife.”

Nixon’s wife “was very surprised when she started finding things showing that he was spending money on jewelry, so she confronted him and he told her that they were actually divorced.”

Nixon’s wife told investigators on May 14 that her husband “filed for divorce and completed the entire proceedings without her knowledge or consent and that the court had already completed all hearings and filed the final divorce decree.”

Mark Herman of Harris County Constable Precinct 4 said authorities found that Nixon forged documents and submitted false information to the court. He also allegedly submitted a waiver of service with a forged signature from a notary.

Herman said Nixon committed aggravated perjury when he went through the divorce process without his wife’s consent, especially when he testified during the final hearing on the validity of the documents and information.

Since the divorce was filed fraudulently, officials said Nixon and his wife “are still legally married.” Nixon is now wanted for aggravated perjury and has a no-bond warrant out for his arrest.

News1 day ago