Categories: News

OYO: Makinde To Refund Parents N28M School Levies Paid Under Ajimobi’s Administration

Oyo State governor, Seyi Makinde has disclosed plans by his government to refund N28 Million secondary school levies paid by parents under the immediate past administration in of Abiola Ajimobi.

The governor disclosed this on his official Instagram page, where he also stated that the state will soon finish the renovation of 100 schools and commence the distribution of books.

According to him, work had been completed on 40 out of the 100 public schools being renovated by the state government, while work on the remaining 60 had reached advanced stages.

”At today’s EXCO meeting, we received updates from our Commissioner of Education, Science and Technology, Prof. Daud Shangodoyin on the ongoing renovation of 100 state-owned schools. 40 have been completed, and 60 are at advanced stages of renovation and close to completion,” the statement reads.

”The distribution of exercise books and textbooks to students will commence on Monday, September 16, 2019, when schools resume.

“We are also taking stock of our teachers (Mainstream, NYSC, N-Power and PTA) and the subjects they teach to note the distribution so our intervention will be adequately targeted. The issue of running costs of schools is being addressed.

”We are in the process of refunding N28 Million to parents and guardians who paid for forms and other expenses in state-owned secondary schools under the previous administration. The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology website has been updated to include helplines so citizens can get in touch about governance issues on education.

”Our Commissioner for Environment and Natural Resources, Honourable Kehinde Ayoola, gave us an update on the steps being taken to expand our forest reserves, and Oyo State’s bid to access the United Nations’ Reducing Emission from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD PLUS) Grant”.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

Femi Otedola Announces Plans To Invest $100m In Dangote Refinery

Femi Otedola, chairman of First HoldCo, said he plans to invest $100 million in the…

11 hours ago

My Heart Is Heavy Over Painful Killings And Abductions In Oyo – Toyin Abraham

Nollywood actress Toyin Abraham has decried the growing cases of killings and kidnappings in Oyo…

11 hours ago

Portugal Name Cristiano Ronaldo For Friendly Match With Nigeria Ahead Of World Cup

Portugal head coach Roberto Martinez has unveiled his squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup,…

12 hours ago

Desmond Elliot Withdraws From Surulere APC Primary, Alleges Intimidation [Video]

Desmond Elliot has withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress (APC) primary election for the Surulere…

13 hours ago

NDLEA Uncovers N480bn Meth Laboratory In Ogun Forest, Arrests Three Mexicans

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has uncovered a methamphetamine laboratory in Ogun State.…

13 hours ago

Tinubu Doesn’t Trust Me Because I Once Worked For Peter Obi – Cubana Chief Priest

Socialite Cubana Chief Priest said President Bola Tinubu does not fully trust him, which he…

18 hours ago