Anambra State Government has banned all public gatherings in the state as part of its measures to stop the spread of Coronavirus.
In a statement on Thursday, Governor Willie Obiano ordered all tertiary institutions to proceed on compulsory vacation From March 20.
The governor also dished out different directives to residents, markets, schools as public gatherings ceases from Monday March 23.
The statement entitled “Anambra State Coronavirus disease (Covid-19) public health advisory by his Excellency, Governor Willie M. Obiano” states as follow:
(1) Public Gathering
- All public gathering is banned from 23rd March 2020 until further notice .
- Traders and Ndi Anambra who go to the markets should wash their hands frequently, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and allow it to air dry.
- The use of hand sanitizers is strongly recommended if the hands are not visibly dirty.
- Hand shaking, hugging and all other forms of contact salutation is strongly discouraged.
- A distance of 6-feet should be maintained between customers and traders.
- Leadership of the markets are advised to buy infra – red thermometer to test any cases of their member or customer falling sick in the market.
(3) Tertiary institutions
- Students of Anambra tertiary institutions must proceed on vacation effective 20th of March 2020 until further notice.
(4) Primary and secondary schools
- All inter-house sports competitions are hereby suspended until further notice.
- The management of all schools in the state must provide hand wash stations at entrance of all schools.
- They must ensure that all students and visitors wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, allowing their hands to air-dry. It is desirable for parents to provide hand sanitizers for their wards.
- Management of all schools must on arrival to school, take the temperature of their day students. Temperatures above 37.9 degrees Celsius must be reported to the nearest hospital.
- Schools management are encouraged to take the temperature of their boarding students at least once every day. Temperatures above 37.9 degrees Celsius must be reported to the nearest hospital.
- All Primary and Secondary Schools in Anambra State must go on indefinite vacation effective 27th March 2020.
- All residents in Anambra state are advised to avoid handshaking, hugging and all other forms of contact salutation.
- They are to avoid unnecessary travels.
- Every body must keep a reasonable social distance when conversing with each other.
- All residents returning from countries and states with active COVID-19 cases, must self-isolate for 14-days and contact the Anambra state Public Health Emergency Operation Center immediately (PHEOC). During self-isolation they must take their temperatures twice daily.
(6) Hotels, eateries and nightclubs
- All hotels must provide a handwash station and sanitizers. Guests are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds.
- Management of all hotels must take the temperature of guests and visitors with a non-contact infra-red thermometer.
- Temperatures over 37.9 degrees Centigrade must be reported to the PHEOC.
- Management of all hotels, restaurants and nightclubs must check the temperature of all their staff on daily basis. Staff with temperature more than 37.9 degrees Centigrade should not be allowed to serve and must report to the hospital.
- Restaurants must avoid overcrowding patrons at the table. Hotels are encouraged to maintain a database of their guests.
(7) Luxurious buses
- All luxurious bus owners and operators must maintain a travel manifest for inbound and outbound passengers to Anambra state.
- All luxurious bus owners must maintain hand wash stations and provide hand sanitizers in their buses.
- Passengers are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and running water.
- All intrastate buses are encouraged to have hand sanitizers in their buses and encourage passengers to use same.
Nigeria currently has 12 confirmed cases of the dreaded coronavirus. Eleven in Lagos and one in Ekiti.
Daniel Regha Offers Advice To EFCC On How To Effectively Deal With ‘Yahoo Boys’
Popular Twitter influencer Daniel Regha has offered a piece of advice to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on...
Nigerian Entrepreneur Reacts After Discovering Person Who Stole His N3.5m, Now Works For Bank Of America
A Nigerian entrepreneur, Edmund Olotu, has disclosed that someone stole the sum of N3.5m from him in 2014, ran out...
BBTitans: I Felt Excluded On The Show – Theo Traw
Big Brother Titans housemate, Theo Traw hints that his personality might have been a reason for his eviction. During an...
President Buhari’s Convoy Wasn’t Attacked By Stone Pelters In Kano – Garba Shehu
The Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu has denied reports that his principal...
Fans Alleges Gospel Singer, Mercy Chinwo Is Pregnant With Her First Child
Nigerian gospel singer, Mercy Chinwo is alleged to be pregnant with her first child following a recent photo she shared...
Emir Of Dutse, Nuhu Muhammadu Sunusi Is Dead
The Emir of Dutse in Jigawa State, Nuhu Muhammadu Sanusi has died at age of 78. It was gathered that...
TG Omori Finally Bows To Pressure, Invites Portable For Music Video Shoot
Nigerian cinematographer, ThankGod Omori, popularly known as TG Omori, has finally agreed to shoot a new music video for controversial singer,...
BBTitans: Having A Nonchalant Partner Led To My Eviction – Sandra
Evicted Big Brother Africa Housemate, Sandra Essien has blamed her eviction from the reality show, on pairing with Theo Traw....
BBTitans: Team Maya Wins Flutterwave Task
Apart from the Grand prize, there are always other exciting prizes to win through daily/weekly games organized by brands. Today’s...
Governor Tambuwal’s Aide, Aisha Maina Dies In Stampede At PDP Presidential Rally In Sokoto
Hajia Aisha Maina, the Special Adviser on Female Education to Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, has died in a stampede....