Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai has appointed Malam Muhammad Sanusi into the board of the Kaduna Investment Promotion Agency (KADIPA).
This is coming barely 24 hours after Sanusi was dethroned as the Emir of Kano and subsequently sent into exile in Nasarawa State.
A statement from Sir Kashim Ibrahim House on Tuesday said Governor El-Rufai has appointed the dethroned Emir as the Vice-chairman of the KADIPA.
The statement read: “Malam Nasir El-Rufai has appointed His Highness, Muhammad Sanusi II into the board of KADIPA. The appointment is part of the reconstitution of the board of KADIPA, which is statutorily chaired by the Deputy Governor and has as internal members senior officials of the Kaduna State Government.”
“Governor El-Rufai said that Kaduna State hopes to benefit from the profile, experience, intellect and networks of His Highness, Muhammad Sanusi, who before becoming Emir, had built a solid reputation in global financial circles. Malam Nasir El-Rufai said that Kaduna State is honoured to be able to call on the services of a man of such calibre to drive its development.”
“The Governor also said that he is confident that the new board, which includes the most senior officers of the state will further propel KADIPA to greater success in attracting investments to Kaduna State. He disclosed that the external members have been carefully chosen to further reinforce the investment credentials of the state.”
The new board of KADIPA has the following members:
- Her Excellency, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe Chairman
- His Highness, Muhammadu Sanusi II Vice-Chairman
- Balarabe Abbas Lawal, Secretary to the State Government
- Bariatu Y. Mohammed, Head of Service
- Jimi Lawal, Senior Adviser-Counsellor
- Aisha Dikko, Attorney-General of Kaduna State
- Idris Nyam, Commissioner, Business, Innovation & Technology
- Fausat Ibikunle, Commissioner, Housing & Urban Development
- Thomas Gyang, Commissioner, Planning & Budget Commission
- Farida Dankaka, KACCIMA
- Amal Hassan, Private Sector
- Hafiz Bayero, MD, Kaduna Markets Development Company
- Altine Jibrin, Director-General, KADGIS
- Umma Aboki, Executive Secretary, KADIPA
Meanwhile, Sanusi has reportedly left his residence in Loko, a town in Nasarawa state, where he was banished to.
The Nation reports that shortly after arriving the town, Sanusi was airlifted in a helicopter to another town, Awe, also in Nasarawa.
At the time of filling this report there has not been any official statement on why he was relocated to another residence.
ALSO READ: “My Dethronement Is An Act Of God And Destiny” – Sanusi Reacts To His Removal As Kano Emir [Video]