Categories: News

Armed Men Breaks Into Nigerian High Commission In Ghana, Demolishes Staff Quarters [Video]

Some armed men invaded the Nigerian High Commission in Accra, Ghana, and destroyed some portion of the staff quarters under construction.

Sources at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs revealed that a businessman had claimed that the Nigerian High Commission’s staff quarters was being built on his land.

The man reportedly showed up last week with some pieces of evidence to support his claim that he is the real owner of the land.

After accusing the commission of encroaching on his land, the man was said to have visited the site in the company of armed men who demolition the fence surrounding the building.

According to the source, the action of the man was not opposed while the Nigerian High Commission petitioned the Ghanaian Government about it, but there was no response.

On Friday, June 20, 2020, the man returned to the premises of the staff quarters and this time, with a bulldozer and began to pull down the building.

In a bid to stop the demolition, officials contacted the police who reportedly showed up at the site when the building was almost pulled down.

Despite not making efforts to prevent the demolition, the Ghanaian police allegedly allowed the man to leave the scene without reprimand or questioning.

The Nigerian and Ghanaian authorities are yet to react to the issue which comes five months after Olusola Ojemane Orevba, Nigerian Ambassador to Democratic Republic of Congo was evicted from his residence in Kinshasa.

Watch the videos below:

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

I’ll swim Atlantic For Tinubu If He Practises What We Fought For – Dele Momodu

Former presidential candidate Dele Momodu said he would support President Bola Tinubu if his administration…

8 hours ago

Diana Eneje Announces Her Engagement To Pascal Godwin [Photos]

Nigerian fashion influencer Diana Eneje has announced her engagement to businessman Pascal Godwin after keeping…

8 hours ago

Nigerian Government Declares Tuesday Public Holiday For Eid ul Mawlid

The Federal Government has announced Tuesday, August 25, 2026, as a public holiday to celebrate…

9 hours ago

Adeleke Belong To Us, 2027 lEction Will Be Concluded Before It Starts – Wike

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, said he is focused on strengthening…

10 hours ago

“Nobody Can Stop Davido From Coming To Edo” – Israel DMW Replies Okpebholo’s Aide

Israel DMW, the logistics manager of Afrobeats star Davido, has dismissed the claim that the…

10 hours ago

“We Don’t Want To See You Again” – Okpebholo’s Aide Bans Davido From Coming To Edo [Video]

The Senior Special Assistant to Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo on Digital Media, Apostle Kassy…

11 hours ago