Categories: News

COVID-19: Governor Sanwo-Olu Announces Partial Reopening Of Schools In Lagos

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has announced the partial reopening of schools for students in transitional classes in the state.

The governor who made the announcement during a media briefing on Friday, July 3, 2020, said students in Senior Secondary School three (SSS 3) and Technical School three (Tech III) would resume first on August 3.

According to him, pupils in primary schools and Junior Secondary School three (JSS 3) students would resume school a week or two weeks after the SSS 3 students’ resumption.

The governor asked school authorities in the transitional classes to ensure adequate preparation for resumption ahead of August 3.

“Tertiary institutions will remain closed. We continue to support online teaching during this period, ” he said.

“However, students in the transitional classes who have mandatory public examinations ahead of them will be permitted to resume for revision classes and examinations. The commencement date for this will be from Monday, August 3rd.

“All educational establishments are to follow the guidelines for the reopening. We just finished a very serious with stakeholders in the educational sector for the reopening.

“SS3 and TECH three students are to start; for JSS3, and primary six they will wait for about a week or two before resumption.

“This permitted opening will for only day schooling. No boarding activities are permitted during this time. School authorities are expected to prepare well from now till August 3.”

KanyiDaily recalls that the Federal Ministry of Education had on March 19 ordered closure of all schools nationwide over the outbreak of the coronavirus in the country.

But last week, the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 said schools can be reopened for graduating students in primary and secondary schools across the country.

The Federal Ministry of Education issued guidelines for the reopening and it required schools to adopt the use of distant learning centres and temporary shelters.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

Frank Edoho’s Ex-Wife Sandra Accuses Him Of Physical Abuse, Says He Threatened To Kill Her

Sandra Onyenucheya, the ex-wife of media personality Frank Edoho, has opened up about what she…

59 minutes ago

ICPC Reacts As El-Rufai’s Family Protest Over His Continued Detention By DSS

The family of former Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, along with his supporters and political…

3 hours ago

Ben Murray-Bruce, 46 Others Disqualified From APC Senatorial Race

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has announced the names of 47 senatorial aspirants who failed…

18 hours ago

Court Grants Nasir El-Rufai N100m Bail In ‘Phone Interception’ Case

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna state governor Nasir…

19 hours ago

Justice Crack Granted N5m Bail Over Alleged Cybercrime

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to social media personality, Justice Chidebere,…

23 hours ago

Nigerians Among West Africans To Be Deported From US To Sierra Leone

Sierra Leone has agreed to receive deported migrants from the United States as the administration…

3 days ago