Entertainment

Burna Boy Reacts After He Won His First Grammy Award Along With Wizkid [Video]

Nigerian music stars, Burna Boy and Wizkid, have both won their first-ever Grammy Awards on Sunday night.

Burna Boy Reacts After He Won His First Grammy Award Along With Wizkid [Video] 3

Burna Boy bagged the much-coveted Grammy award in the ‘Best Global Album’ category for his “TWICE AS TALL” album.

Wizkid also won a Grammy for the Best Music Video’ for his role in ‘Brown Skin Girl’, Beyonce’s 2019 hit song. The Best Music Video award is given to the artist, video director, and video producer.

The 63rd Annual Grammy Awards ceremony was held virtually on March 14, 2021, around the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles.

Burna Boy’s performance was one of the high points of the Grammy Premiere Ceremony.

READ:  Tonto Dikeh Might Write A Book On Her Ex-husband Titled ”Surviving Churchill”

He performed a medley of his songs starting with the chorus of “20:10: 20” to “Level Up’ to ‘Onyeka’ and ‘Ye’, complemented by his band ‘The Outsiders.’

In his acceptance speech after he bagged the Best World Music Album, the 29-year-old Afrobeats star said:

“This a big win for my generation of Africans all over the world and this should be a lesson to every African out there, no matter where you are, no matter what you plan to do, you can achieve it because you are king.”

READ:  Any Man Who Gives His Side Chic The Balls To Call & Threaten His Wife Is A Fool – Ubi Franklin

Watch the video below:

KanyiDaily recalls that Burna Boy was nominated in the same category in 2019 – then known as Best World Music Album – but lost out to Angelique Kidjo at the awards ceremony in 2020.

READ:  Davido Reacts As Gunmen Attack Catholic Church In Ondo State