Categories: News

Festus Keyamo Claims He Can Drive From Abuja To Kaduna Without Any Security

The Minister of state for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo said he can drive on the Kaduna-Abuja highway which is one of the feared roads that has witnessed several attacks by bandits who block the road to kill and abduct passengers.

Festus Keyamo Speaks On Insecurity In Nigeria

The minister, who also doubles as the All Progressives Congress (APC) campaign council spokesperson, spoke on Tuesday in a pre-recorded interview aired on Channels TV.

Keyamo said that despite the insecurity on the Kaduna-Abuja highway, he can comfortably travel through the road without any security escort.

“Some people do, I can do it. I can do it,” Keyamo muttered repeatedly when asked if he can drive on the road without security aides.

He added, “I saw headlines last week saying that I said insecurity has been brought to an all-time low by Buhari. I didn’t say so. It’s still the season of wrong headline. I said what we met on the ground, Boko Haram in the north-east.

“I was specific and so they quoted me generally to say Boko Haram and insecurity throughout the whole country. I only said Boko Haram in the north-east, it has not been totally wiped out, but we have reduced this significantly.

“All the roads that lead to Chibok and Damboa in Borno, they are now passable.”

“The issue of the farmer-herder crisis came to a height between 2017 and 2020. The World Terrorism Index said so. Not me. The body also said the attacks reduced so much in 2021. And further reduced again now in 2022. So, it’s a downward spiral in terms of farmer-herder crisis.

“In terms of banditary and kidnapping, they are on the rise in the north-west and some parts of the middlebelt. I have admitted that.”

KanyiDaily recalls that Festus Keyamo said the APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu is the best candidate to sell and he will rule like President Muhammadu Buhari if elected president in 2023.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

Nyesom Wike Orders Demolition Of Houses Blocking Waterways In Abuja

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has ordered the demolition of houses…

14 hours ago

Wande Coal Slams Davido Over Remarks About Their Unreleased Collaboration, “Come My Way”

Nigerian singer Wande Coal has reacted to Davido’s comments about their unreleased collaboration on the…

15 hours ago

DSS Invites Ekiti Monarch For Demanding Chair Governor Oyebanji Sat On At Church Service

The Department of State Services (DSS) has invited the Oluyin of Iyin-Ekiti, Oba Adeniyi Adeola…

17 hours ago

Jay-Jay Okocha Picks Lionel Messi Over Cristiano Ronaldo As Better Player

Nigerian football legend Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha has named Argentina star Lionel Messi as his…

19 hours ago

Taiwo Hassan Ogogo Battles Stage-Four Cancer As Daughters Seek Medical Help

The daughters of veteran Yoruba actor Taiwo Hassan, popularly known as Ogogo, have appealed for…

20 hours ago

Man Breaks Into Woman’s House, Steals 27 Pants For Ritual Purposes In Adamawa

A 27-year-old man, Muktar Shehu, has been arraigned for allegedly breaking into a woman’s home…

2 days ago