Peter Obi Supporters ‘Obidients’ Holds Solidarity Match In Port Harcourt [Photos/Video]

Many supporters of the Labour Party Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi have trooped out en-mass on to stage a solidarity match for him in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

2 Million March for Peter Obi

The supporters, who are known as Obidients, converged on the Eleme Junction from where they took off and matched all the way to the popular Isaac Boro Park in the state capital.

The supporters, mainly comprised of youths clad in T-shirts and fez caps bearing Obi’s insignia, sang solidarity songs as they defied the early morning rainfall for the march, tagged “2 Million March for Peter Obi”

The solidarity match which was held on Saturday morning caused gridlock on Port Harcourt/Aba road with motorists struggling to meander through the traffic.

READ:  Family Arranges Wedding Without A Bride For Their Disabled Son Who Couldn't Find A Wife

Taking to his Twitter page, Peter Obi called on his supporters to be peaceful during the solidarity march which was also held in other Nigerian cities in Edo, Benue and Ebonyi States.

He wrote: “We are watching as Port Harcourt, Auchi, Makurdi and Afikpo move OBIdiently today, under the sun and in the rain.

“Constitutional rights to peaceful assembly are protected and must be respected by all. Our labours will never be in vain. I appreciate you all.”

READ:  Kenneth Okonkwo Accuses Corrupt INEC Officials of Inflicting Hardship on Nigerians

Below are some photos and videos from the match:

KanyiDaily recalls that Peter Obi recently accused the opposition political parties of spreading misinformation on both traditional and social media platforms and blaming it on his party.

READ:  Nigerian Man Returns N98 Million That Was Mistakenly Transferred Into His Account

Entertainment1 hour ago