Categories: News

VIDEO: Asari Dokubo Addresses Militias, Pledges Support For President Tinubu

Former Niger Delta militant, Asari Dokubo has pledged his support for President Bola Tinubu and vowed to eliminate the president’s adversaries.

Dokubo pledged his support for Tinubu in a video that went viral on social media on Monday while displaying a militia group of about 300 young men that he claimed was loyal to the president.

In the viral video, the ex-militant leader was addressing the militia group shortly after his return from the hajj pilgrimage in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

He told the militias in the video, “Whatever the enemies are planning, they will fail. I am not a ghost. I just come from Saudi Arabia (I just returned from Saudi Arabia). We are here. We work for President Ahmed Bola Tinubu and he will succeed. Anybody who is planning for him to fail, that person already failed.

“We are not competing with anybody. We have never competed with anybody. It is turned by turn. It is Jagaban’s turn, so, wait for your turn.”

Recall that Asari Dokubo in June, about two weeks after Tinubu was sworn in as President, visited him at the Presidential Villa, saying Tinubu had been a father figure for him for 30 years.

During the visit, he alleged that 99 percent of oil theft in the Niger Delta was done by the Nigerian military, especially the Army and the Navy.

Briefing State House Correspondents after he met with Tinubu, Dokubo disclosed that he had volunteered to end the menace knowing that he would be fully protected by Tinubu’s administration.

Dokubo said, “The Army and the Navy intimidate the Civil Defense who are by status the people who are supposed to guard these pipelines.

“So the main culprits are the Army and the Navy. And there are notorious naval commanders who are known to be kingpins of these bunkering activities. Even if they give 1 billion contracts to everybody in the Niger Delta because these military men are armed from the Army and the Navy, nothing will happen,” he said.

In other news, Kanyi Daily reported that a Nigerian writer and filmmaker, Onyeka Nwelue has recounted a painful experience he had after he helped a commercial sex worker who was running from military operatives.

Nwelue recounted in a short tweet on his official handle on Monday.

Richard Anyebe

Richard Anyebe is a senior reporter at Kanyi Daily News covering all things politics and trending human interest stories. He is based in Abuja. Contact this reporter at info@kanyidaily.com

Recent Posts

Femi Otedola Announces Plans To Invest $100m In Dangote Refinery

Femi Otedola, chairman of First HoldCo, said he plans to invest $100 million in the…

7 hours ago

My Heart Is Heavy Over Painful Killings And Abductions In Oyo – Toyin Abraham

Nollywood actress Toyin Abraham has decried the growing cases of killings and kidnappings in Oyo…

7 hours ago

Portugal Name Cristiano Ronaldo For Friendly Match With Nigeria Ahead Of World Cup

Portugal head coach Roberto Martinez has unveiled his squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup,…

8 hours ago

Desmond Elliot Withdraws From Surulere APC Primary, Alleges Intimidation [Video]

Desmond Elliot has withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress (APC) primary election for the Surulere…

9 hours ago

NDLEA Uncovers N480bn Meth Laboratory In Ogun Forest, Arrests Three Mexicans

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has uncovered a methamphetamine laboratory in Ogun State.…

10 hours ago

Tinubu Doesn’t Trust Me Because I Once Worked For Peter Obi – Cubana Chief Priest

Socialite Cubana Chief Priest said President Bola Tinubu does not fully trust him, which he…

14 hours ago