Categories: News

After Demolishing First Unapproved Building, Wike’s FCTA Moves Against Developer

The troubles of an Abuja developer are far from being over after his building was brought down by the bulldozer of FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike on Monday.

Wike, who last week vowed to demolish illegal structures in the capital city, made good his threat on Monday on the unapproved multimillion naira duplex built on Plot 226, in Wuse Zone 6

After demolishing the structure, the FCTA under Wike’s leadership said it would consult the legal department to know the next line of action to take against the developer.

The FCTA Director, Department of Development Control, Mukhtar Gidado said the building was illegally developed against all warnings.

Gidado said that his team had carried out an extensive investigation to ascertain the original owner of the plot, given varying claims that were being put forth by the parties.

According to him, an investigation revealed that the developer was not the owner of the plot, adding, “That is why we had to remove the building.”

He said the FCT Administration will not consider the status of any defaulting developer once development rules and regulations are violated.

Gidado said: “We demolished the duplex because somebody built on someone else’s land without valid title and building plan approval.

“We allowed the building to this stage before demolishing it because we had to follow all due processes.”

The director said that the supposed owner of the building was served all the notices to stop work, saying, “but being a disobedient developer, he continued without heeding to the notices.

“After our investigation, we have ascertained the rightful allottee of the plot, so we have to remove the building.

“We are going to consult the legal department to know the next action against the developer.”

In other news, Kanyi Daily reported that a popular Nigerian Cleric, Rev Fr Chinenye Oluoma has tackled internet fraudsters otherwise known as “Yahoo Boys” saying if they must do fraud, they should instead target politicians.

Richard Anyebe

Richard Anyebe is a senior reporter at Kanyi Daily News covering all things politics and trending human interest stories. He is based in Abuja. Contact this reporter at info@kanyidaily.com

Recent Posts

“My Wife Left Home And Filed For Divorce Without Any Quarrel” – Gospel Singer Asu Ekiye

Nigerian gospel singer Asu Ekiye has explained the circumstances surrounding his failed marriage, saying he…

1 day ago

APC Chairman Oyewole Solomon Slumps And Dies During Reconciliation Meeting In Kogi

The All Progressives Congress (APC) chairman in Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi State, Oyewole…

1 day ago

Former World Champion Boxer, Zolani Tete Shot Dead Outside Home In South Africa

Former world champion boxer Zolani Tete has been shot dead outside his home in South…

1 day ago

Obi Cubana Gifts Pastor Jerry Eze N500m Mansion On His Birthday [Video]

Nigerian businessman Obi Cubana has gifted popular pastor and televangelist Jerry Eze a mansion worth…

1 day ago

Fire Outbreak Destroy Goods Worth Millions Of Naira At Calabar Mall [Video]

A fire has destroyed parts of the popular SPAR shopping mall in Calabar, the Cross…

1 day ago

Nigeria To Build Two Next-Gen Satellites With Israeli, French Manufacturers

The Federal Ministry of Communications, Innovation and Digital Economy and Nigeria Communications Satellite Limited (NIGCOMSAT)…

1 day ago