“I Know My PDP Colleagues Are Missing Me” – Akpabio Says As He Apologize For Leaving Them

"I Know My PDP Colleagues Are Missing Me" - Akpabio Says As He Apologize For Leaving Them 3

Former Senate Minority leader, Godswill Obot Akpabio has apologized to members of the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for the manner he left the party months before the 2019 general elections.

Akpabio left the PDP in August 2018 for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), few weeks to the elections.

Speaking during the 8th National Assembly valedictory session in Abuja, Senator Akpabio also thanked his former party for giving him the mandate to represent his Constituency at the 8th Senate.

“I want to start by apologising to my colleague in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)” Akpabio said in a tweet at the 8th Senate valedictory session in Abuja.

“I know they are missing me but I want to apologise to them for the way and manner I moved to join Mr president to stabilise Nigeria.”

“I thank the entire 8th senate for giving me the opportunity to be the minority leader, and to make history as the first senator since 1999 to be given the role of a leader in this hallowed chamber.”

Business1 hour ago