PHOTOSPEAKS

The Challenges In Lagos Are Real, I’ve Lost Weight Since Taking Over From Ambode – Sanwo-Olu 3

The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu said he has started losing weight barely nine days after he took over from his predecessor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, due to the enormity and pressing demands of the office.

Sanwo-Olu took over from the immediate past governor of the state on Wednesday, May 29, 2019.

While sharing his experience so far at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Sanwo-Olu said the challenges in the state are for real, not a tea party. He said:

“I dare say that I have lost weight and probably I will lose a little bit more but I think it’s what the job entails and is to also ensure that you have the right team of people that would also support you.”

“The challenges (of Lagos State) are real, they are there, it’s not a tea party. You don’t sleep and wake up and the traffic has gone down, you don’t sleep and wake up and there is no rain and that you’ve resolved Apapa gridlock, it’s real.”

The governor noted that leading Lagos State requires psychological preparedness to ensure the delivery of promises made to the citizens.

“So when as a leader, you show that leadership support, then the message itself will trickle down and trickle down very well and that is why we have to take that very bold idea and you’re going to see a lot,” Sanwo-Olu said

Business19 hours ago