Seyi Makinde Says His Monthly Salary As Oyo Governor Is Only N650,000

Seyi Makinde Says His Monthly Salary As Oyo Governor Is Only N650,000 3

Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde has revealed that his monthly salary as the state governor is N650,000, which is far beyond his expectations.

While addressing the newly sworn-in Commissioners in the state, Governor Makinde reinstated the commitment of his administration to reduce the temptation of committing financial crimes among civil servants.

He also has expressed his readiness to improve the welfare of civil servants in the state. Makinde said:

“We do have challenges and I can give you an example of the kind of issues that we are faced with. When I was on the podium being sworn-in, I announced that I was donating my salary to the pension board.

“I actually thought my salary was going to be like N3 or N4 million monthly but when I came in here, I discovered that my salary is only six hundred and fifty naira (N650,000) monthly, which is less than two thousand dollars ($2,000). And then, I have a budget of over five hundred million dollars.

“How can somebody earning $24,000 a year preside over a five hundred million dollar budget? The temptation is just too high.

“When I was growing up, anytime I saw permanent secretaries and top civil servants, all around with their entourage, jeeps, Land cruisers, I thought they were making it big because I was driving Peugeot or Toyota Camry.

“But when I came in here, the salary of Permanent Secretaries is under N500,000 per month; in such an environment where you have contractors coming with big temptations. The expectation is just too great and high. But the good news is, we will find a solution to this. It’s going to business unusual in Oyo State.”

He charged all the new Commissioners in the state to key into his vision and manifesto of accelerated development of Oyo State, adding that the administration would conduct business in an unusual manner that would change the narrative about governance in the state.

"You Told Filmmakers Not To Hire Me" - Motilola Akinlami Calls Out Kunle Afod

“You Told Filmmakers Not To Hire Me” – Motilola Akinlami Calls Out Kunle Afod

"No Bow Leg In Our Family" – Mohbad’s Father Insists Wunmi Is Guilty Of Paternity Fraud

“No Bow Leg In Our Family” – Mohbad’s Father Insists Wunmi Is Guilty Of Paternity Fraud

Portable Acquires New Mercedes Benz, Days After His Arrest Over G-Wagon Debt

Portable Acquires New Mercedes Benz, Days After His Arrest Over G-Wagon Debt

I Took Junior Pope Like A Brother But He Stabbed Me In The Back Repeatedly – Yul Edochie

"Don’t Allow Anybody Drag You Into Politics" – Akpabio Tells Davido During Courtesy Visit

“Don’t Allow Anybody Drag You Into Politics” – Akpabio Tells Davido During Courtesy Visit

Spyro Reveals Why He Would Never Be In The Same Room With BBNaija Star, Nengi

Former Labour Minister, Ajibola Afonja Is Dead

Kehinde Wiley Reacts As Joseph Awuah-Darko Accuses Him Of Sexual Assault

Kehinde Wiley Reacts As Joseph Awuah-Darko Accuses Him Of Sexual Assault

Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu’s Fresh Bail Request, Removal From DSS Custody
News1 day ago

Court Rejects Nnamdi Kanu’s Fresh Bail Request, Removal From DSS Custody

"If There’s More, Confess In Advance” – Bovi Advices Diddy After He Apologized For Assaulting Cassie

“If There’s More, Confess In Advance” – Bovi Advices Diddy After He Apologized For Assaulting Cassie

"I'll Retire As Young Billionaire" - BBNaija Ka3na Brags As She Sales Her Property $900 Million

“I’ll Retire As Young Billionaire” – BBNaija Ka3na Brags As She Sales Her Property $900 Million

Jaywon Slams People Who Are 'Judging' Diddy For Assaulting His Ex-Girlfriend Cassie

Jaywon Slams People Who Are ‘Judging’ Diddy For Assaulting His Ex-Girlfriend Cassie

Iran’s President Ebrahim Raisi, Foreign Minister, 7 Others Confirmed Dead In Helicopter Crash
World News2 days ago

Caroline Danjuma Addresses Oritsefemi's Claim That She Was Married To Davido’s Late Friend Tagbo

Caroline Danjuma Addresses Oritsefemi’s Claim That She Was Married To Davido’s Late Friend Tagbo

“I Will Never Marry A Man Who Can’t Afford A Cook” BBNaija's Doyin David [Video]

“I Will Never Marry A Man Who Can’t Afford A Cook” – BBNaija’s Doyin David [Video]

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Caught On Camera Beating, Kicking His Ex-Girlfriend, Cassie Ventura [Video]

Sean ”Diddy” Combs apologises after horrific video of him assaulting ex girlfriend Cassie goes viral

Christian Malanga Dead as Government forces foil coup in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) 6
World News2 days ago

“I've Collected My Glory Back” – Portable Jubilates As His Former Manager, Stelliza Dies In Car Accident [Video]

“I’ve Collected My Glory Back” – Portable Jubilates As His Former Manager, Stelliza Dies In Car Accident [Video]