Connect with us


Samson Siasia’s 78-Year-Old Mother Narrates Her Ordeal In The Hands Of Kidnappers



Samson Siasia’s 78-Year-Old Mother Narrates Her Ordeal In The Hands Of Kidnappers 3

Beauty Ogere Siasia, the 78- year-old mother of former Super Eagles skipper and coach, Samson Siasia, has recounted her ordeal in the hands of kidnappers who kept her in captivity for 77 days.

KanyiDaily had reported that Mrs. Siasia was released on Sunday, September 29, 2019, after she was abducted on July 15th in her country home in Adoni community, Sagbama Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.

Speaking during an interview at her residence shortly after she was released by her abductors, and re-united with her family, Mrs. Siasia said she does not know why kidnappers continue to abduct her.

She said that she had been a target of frequent kidnapping by gunmen because they believed that her ex-coach son was a wealthy man.

She was first kidnapped in November 2015, before she was released 12 days after.

Recounting her ordeal, she said there were times her kidnappers fed her and other abductees with soup and garri and that there were times they also starved.

“I don’t know why they keep kidnapping me. Only God knows. I was at my house when they came to kidnap me. They took me to the place. They took care of me.

“I was sick and they bought the drugs. They cooked (food) and gave to me (to eat).

“They didn’t beat me. There were days that there was no food. Those days they drank garri and gave me garri to drink too.

“Sometimes, they cooked soup, prepare garri and we ate. But on Sunday, they told me we had stayed for too long and they were tired of our problem.

“They carried us on a flying boat and dropped us in a village. I don’t know the name of the village.

“They carried us to their chairman’s place. I don’t even know the man. They called Seifa and Seifa came.

“They built a small house and use tarpaulin to cover the top. That was where they kept us,” she said.

Siasia’s mother, however, added, “As I am talking to you, I am not well. Before they took me I was not well. I want to go to the hospital.”

According to her, the hoodlums decided to let them go on Sunday because they became “tired of our problem,” adding that she was ill before they took her away in July.

It was gathered that there was jubilation at Odoni community in the Sagbama Local Government  Area of Bayelsa State after she was safely brought home.