President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of six new aides to serve in the office of his wife, Aisha Buhari.
According to a statement on Wednesday, Aisha’s spokesperson, Suleiman Haruna said Buhari had approved the following appointments with immediate effect. The new aides include:
- Dr. Mairo Almakura – Special Assistant on African First Ladies Peace Mission (AFLPM)
- Muhammed Albishir – Special Assistant on Organization of African First Ladies for Development (OAFLAD)
- Wole Aboderin – Special Assistant on Non-Governmental Organizations
- Barr. Aiyu Abdullahi – Special Assistant on Media and Publicity
- Zainab Kazeem – Special Assistant on Domestic and Social Events
- Funke Adesiyan – Personal Assistant on Domestic and Social Events
The First Lady expressed appreciation to her husband, President Buhari for the approval of six aides to her office.
Mrs. Buhari expressed her feelings on Wednesday when she received wives of governors who visited her at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
This is coming barely two days after the spat between Aisha Buhari and Fatima Abdulmutallib, the daughter of President Buhari’s cousin, Mamman Daura, over a video that emerged showing the wife of the president in a very angry mood, shouting at the Daura’s and complaining about being denied access to an apartment at the Presidential Villa.