Federal Government Confirms 10 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Totalling 22 In Nigeria 3

The Federal Government has confirmed 10 new cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Nigeria, bringing the total number of confirmed to 22.

This was made known in a statement release by the Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, on Wednesday, March 21, 2020.

According to the minister, there are three new cases in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and seven new cases in Lagos State.

The statement partly reads: “All 10 new cases are Nigerian nationals; nine of them have travel history to the Canada, France, Netherlands, Spain and United Kingdom. They returned to the country in the past one week. The tenth case is a close contact of a previously confirmed case.

“The three cases in the FCT are being treated at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital (UATH), Gwagwalada while the 7 (seven) new cases in Lagos are being treated at the Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH), Yaba. All 10 (ten) new cases have mild to moderate symptoms and are currently receiving treatment.

“As of the 21st of March 2020, 22 cases have been confirmed, two cases have been discharged and there has been no death from COVID-19 in Nigeria.”

Ehanire said Lagos has 16 cases, while Abuja, has three cases. Ogun state and Ekiti also have two and one cases respectively.

Entertainment1 hour ago