Coronavirus: Donations To Nigeria’s COVID-19 Relief Fund Now N25.8 Billion From 107 Donors – CBN

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Friday said that monetary contributions to its relief fund under the auspices of Private Sector Coalition Against COVID-19 (CACOVID) had risen to N25.8 billion.

Coronavirus: Donations To Nigeria's COVID-19 Relief Fund Now N25.8 Billion From 107 Donors – CBN 3

CBN Director of Corporate Communications, Isaac Okoroafor, said in a statement in Lagos that the donations were from 107 donors, including individuals, banks and other corporate bodies.

“The coalition hereby conveys its gratitude to all the institutions and individuals that have generously donated to this fund.

“We urge others to consider contributing to this national solidarity to provide not only medical equipment and materials but also to render urgently needed palliatives to the poor and vulnerable segments of our society.

“We hereby restate our commitment to full disclosure and accountability for all donations made,” he said.(NAN)

Meanwhile, some Nigerians had called on the government to share the billion donated as relief fund by public-spirited individuals and private institutions to the people to cushion the effect of the extended coronavirus lockdown.

Business18 hours ago