Entertainment

Yemi Alade Says She Ignored Beyonce’s Email For Two Months ‘Thinking It Was A Scam’

Nigerian Singer, Yemi Alade has revealed that she almost lost a collaboration on the ‘Black is King’ album after ignored the email messages sent to her by American singer, Beyonce, for two months thinking it was a scam.

Yemi Alade Says She Ignored Beyonce’s Email For Two Months 'Thinking It Was A Scam' 3

KanyiDaily recalls that Yemi Alde was one of the six Nigerian artistes who worked on the “Lion King: The Gift” album of Beyonce released in 2019.

Speaking on how she got to work with Beyonce during an interview with OSG, Yemi Alade revealed that she nearly lost out on the collaboration with the American singer.

According to her, she ignored Beyonce’s email for two months becausee her manager thought it was a scam, until she discovered the company that sending the mail was ‘Parkwood’ which is owned by the American singer.

READ:  “I'm Very Angry Right Now” - Uche Ogbodo Drags Parents Who Bleach Their Children’s Skin [Video]

“We thought it was a scam email… I wasn’t the one receiving the emails, my management was and the thing is that, you have to be a crazy beyond fan like me to know her company’s name is “Parkwood”, So you’re getting emails from “Parkwood” about a collaboration with Beyoncé?!…

“My manager was telling me that he keeps getting these messages from Parkwood. He sounded very irritated and he was thinking of maybe blocking the email… and I asked him what did you say? Did you say “Parkwood?” I said (screams) that is Beyoncé!!!!…”

Speaking on how long it took for them to actually respond to the email, Yemi Alade said:

“It took a while.. we were at the end of the collection like.. they’ve been working on this for a while, maybe a month or two.

READ:  BBTitans: Thabana Strikes Again, Wins Flutterwave Sponsored Task [Videos]

“ I think even someone at some point came to Nigeria and they were trying to meet me but you know how some people are, they don’t want some people to meet some people.”

Immediately after learning of her manager’s error, the ‘Johnny’ crooner immediately boarded a plane to Las Vegas and made her way to Beyoncé’s studios.

“I had no idea what was coming. When we were done with the meeting, I went back to my apartment. I just woke up the next morning I couldn’t talk, definitely could not sing. I had no voice, I pushed and I got something out of it,” the 31-year-old continued.

READ:  Lateef Adedimeji To Be Honored With 'Doctor Of Philosophy' Degree From International University

Watch the full interview below:

KanyiDaily had reported how Yemi Alade could not hide her joy when she met the iconic celebrity couple, Jay-Z and Beyonce, at the premiere of the movie ‘Lion King.’

READ:  Burna Boy Wins Big At The SoundCity MVP Awards 2019 - See Full List Of Winners

How Hundreds Of Boko Haram Terrorists Escaped In Niger Prison Break
Metro10 hours ago

How Hundreds Of Boko Haram Terrorists Escaped In Niger Prison Break

Secondary School Collapses In Plateau, Killing Over 16 Students
Metro11 hours ago

Secondary School Collapses In Plateau, Killing Over 16 Students

"Chatter Is Live" - Davido Announces Launch Of His Own Social Media Platform

“Chatter Is Live” – Davido Announces Launch Of His Own Social Media Platform

Court Grants N10bn Bail To Ex-Power Minister, Saleh Mamman Over Alleged N33bn Fraud
News15 hours ago

"I Can Never Overemphasise The Joy I Found In Peace" - Tonto Dikeh Declares

“I Can Never Overemphasise The Joy I Found In Peace” – Tonto Dikeh Declares

“I'm Ready To Walk With You Forever” – Biodun Okeowo Tells Fiance Ahead Of Wedding

“I’m Ready To Walk With You Forever” – Biodun Okeowo Tells Fiance Ahead Of Wedding

"Are You Okay?" - Tacha Akide Playfully Dances And Twerks In Hospital Room [Video]

“Are You Okay?” – Tacha Akide Playfully Dances And Twerks In Hospital Room [Video]

Yhemo Lee And Girlfriend, Thayour Set To Get Married, Share Wedding Invites [Video]

Joe Biden Calls Kamala Harris ‘Vice President Trump’ At Press Conference [Video]
News20 hours ago

Supreme Court Bar Governors From Holding Local Government Funds
News1 day ago

Supreme Court Bar Governors From Holding Local Government Funds

"He's My Guy" - Basketmouth Reveals Why He Mocked Wizkid During Davido’s Wedding [Video]

“He’s My Guy” – Basketmouth Reveals Why He Mocked Wizkid During Davido’s Wedding [Video]

Joke Silva Celebrates Her Husband, Olu Jacob On His 82nd Birthday [Video]

Joke Silva Celebrates Her Husband, Olu Jacobs On His 82nd Birthday [Video]

Prankster Zfancy Released On Bail After One Week In Police Custody [Video]

Prankster Zfancy Released On Bail After One Week In Police Custody [Video]

Blessing CEO Advises Davido And Sophia Momodu On Child Custody Battle [Video]

Blessing CEO Advises Davido And Sophia Momodu On Child Custody Battle [Video]

Patoranking Recounts How He Hawked With His Father On The Streets Of Lagos

Patoranking Recounts How He Hawked With His Father On The Streets Of Lagos

How To Withdraw From Hamster Kombat 4
Tech and Gadgets2 days ago

How To Withdraw From Hamster Kombat

'I'm Ready To Die, But I'll Take A Lot Of You Bullies With Me" - Toyin Abraham [Video]

‘I’m Ready To Die, But I’ll Take A Lot Of You Bullies With Me” – Toyin Abraham [Video]

Copa America 2024: Argentina Mocks Drake After $300K Bet Loss On Canada

Copa America 2024: Argentina Mocks Drake After $300K Bet Loss On Canada

How To Check Your Mental Age
Health3 days ago

How To Check Your Mental Age

Toyin Abraham Faces Backlash For Using Police To Arrest Her Critic And His Mother