Categories: News

Reno Omokri Suspends His Protest Against President Buhari’s Medical Trip In London

Reno Omokri, ex-aide to former President Goodluck Jonathan, has temporally suspended his protest against the medical trip of President Muhammadu Buhari in London, United Kingdom.

KanyiDaily recalls that President Buhari had traveled to London on March 30, where he would be spending two weeks to enable him to undergo a medical checkup.

On Friday, April 2, Reno Omokri led a group of people to protest at the Nigeria House against Buhari’s decision to have his medical checkup in London.

In a statement on Tuesday, April 13, Omokri said that his group has temporarily suspended the #HarassBuhariOutofLondon protest to allow Buhari who had been in London for a “rest” to “observe his Islamic fast in peace.”

The former presidential aide said that Omoyele Sowore’s #BuhariMustGo group has also been appealed to suspend the protests in the spirit of Ramadan.

“Due to the Ramadan fast which began today, April 13, 2021, we have decided to temporarily suspend #HarassBuhariOutofLondon to allow General Muhammadu Buhari to observe his fast in peace.

“We believe it is the humane thing to do, given our love for God and humanity.

“I also personally call on Omoyele Sowore’s #BuhariMustGo group, who have periodically been holding a separate protest, which is not affiliated to ours, to consider granting this concession on humanitarian grounds.

“We are closely monitoring both his residence and his doctors officers and if General Buhari makes an attempt to see his London doctors during this period, we will consider this a breach of our truce and resume the protests.

“However, as long as Buhari does not breach this, I believe we should respect the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, not because of Buhari, but because of our love for the Muslim ummah who are also victims of General Buhari’s misrule.”

KanyiDaily recalls that Buhari supporters had also stormed the Nigeria House in London on Monday, praying and holding placards in support of the President.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

“My Wife Left Home And Filed For Divorce Without Any Quarrel” – Gospel Singer Asu Ekiye

Nigerian gospel singer Asu Ekiye has explained the circumstances surrounding his failed marriage, saying he…

12 hours ago

APC Chairman Oyewole Solomon Slumps And Dies During Reconciliation Meeting In Kogi

The All Progressives Congress (APC) chairman in Ijumu Local Government Area of Kogi State, Oyewole…

13 hours ago

Former World Champion Boxer, Zolani Tete Shot Dead Outside Home In South Africa

Former world champion boxer Zolani Tete has been shot dead outside his home in South…

13 hours ago

Obi Cubana Gifts Pastor Jerry Eze N500m Mansion On His Birthday [Video]

Nigerian businessman Obi Cubana has gifted popular pastor and televangelist Jerry Eze a mansion worth…

14 hours ago

Fire Outbreak Destroy Goods Worth Millions Of Naira At Calabar Mall [Video]

A fire has destroyed parts of the popular SPAR shopping mall in Calabar, the Cross…

16 hours ago

Nigeria To Build Two Next-Gen Satellites With Israeli, French Manufacturers

The Federal Ministry of Communications, Innovation and Digital Economy and Nigeria Communications Satellite Limited (NIGCOMSAT)…

16 hours ago