in

Police Withdraw Murder Case Against Hilton Hotel Owner, Rahmon Adedoyin

The murder case against the owner of Hilton Hotel, Rahmon Adedoyin has been suspended by the police.

Nigerian Police Force has withdrawn its case against the owner of Hilton Hotel and Resort, Ile-Ife, Rahmon Adedoyin, and six others charged with the murder of Timothy Adegoke, a postgraduate student of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU).

Police Withdraw Murder Case Against Hilton Hotel Owner, Rahmon Adedoyin

How Timothy Adegoke Was Murdered

It was gathered that Adegoke was declared missing after he traveled from Abuja to write an exam at a distance learning centre in Moro, Osun state on November 5, 2021.

Two days later, the OAU student was found dead in controversial circumstances where he lodged at the Hilton Hotels and Resort, Ile-Ife, to sit for the examination.

He was subsequently buried in a shallow grave by the hotel management without the knowledge of his family who had been searching for him or the police.

Adegoke’s body was later discovered after some suspects, including workers at the hotel, were arrested by the police for questioning over the student’s whereabouts.

READ:  Nigerian Police Places N10m Bounty On Suspected Robbers Caught On CCTV [Photos]

The police had in January, charged the owner of the hotel, Rahmon Adedoyin, with an attempted felony, conspiracy, unlawful interference with Adegoke’s corpse, and tampering with the hotel’s receipt and CCTV camera, with the intent to destroy evidence that would prove that Mr Adegoke visited the hotel.

Siz other persons charged alongside Mr Adedoyin are: Adedeji Adesola, 23; Magdalene Chiefuna, 24; Adeniyi Aderogba, 37; Oluwale Lawrence, 37, Oyetunde Kazeem, 38; Adebayo Kunle, 35, and others at large.

Those at large were Prince Rahim Adedoyin, Esther Asifo and Quadiri Moshood.

READ:  "My Daughter Was Supposed To Graduate This Year And I Was Looking Forward To That Day" - Deborah's Father Says

Police Withdraw Murder Case Against Rahmon Adedoyin

A High Court sitting in Abuja has struck out the case after the police applied to discontinue all proceedings in the murder case for “further investigation”.

Ochogwu Ogbe, the prosecuting counsel, moved an application for the discontinuance of the case on Tuesday, arguing that the move was informed by emerging “new facts” in the case.

“Take notice that the complainant discontinues all the proceedings in the case against the defendants for further investigation,” the prosecution team said.

READ:  "Anyone Who Says Buhari Isn’t Doing Well Is A Liar From Pit Of Hell" - Joe Igbokwe

Following the application, Modupe Osho-Adebiyi, the judge, issued the order striking out the charges filed against Adedoyin and the other suspects.

“Since the prosecutor has applied for a discontinuance of case and the defendants are not opposing the application, I hereby struck out the case,” she held.

It, however, remains unclear if the police would release the defendants during the period of “further investigations.”

KanyiDaily had also reported how an SS2 student was arrested for slitting the neck of his junior colleagues who refused to run his errand in Borno school.

READ:  24 Terrorists Killed As Boko Haram Clashes With ISWAP Fighters In Borno

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Senate Replaces Emmanuel Bwaucha With Shuaibu Isa Lau As Deputy Minority Leader

Senate Replaces Emmanuel Bwaucha With Shuaibu Isa Lau As Deputy Minority Leader

Omawumi Says She Now Loves Her Imperfections After Being Body-Shamed As A Child

Omawumi Says She Now Loves Her Imperfections After Being Body-Shamed As A Child