Politics

Newly Elected APC National Chairman Abdullahi Adamu, Deputy Resigns From Senate

The newly elected National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Abdullahi Adamu has resigned from his position as the senator representing Nasarawa West in the 9th National Assembly.

New APC National Chairman Abdullahi Adamu, Deputy Resigns From Senate

Abdullahi Adamu, Abubakar Kyari Resigns From Senate

The new APC deputy chairman, Abubakar Kyari also resigned his position as a Senator representing Borno North at the the upper legislative chamber.

Their resignations were contained in letters read on the floor of the red chamber by Senate President Ahmad Lawan on Tuesday, April 12.

In their letters Adamu and Kyari both thanked their constituents for the opportunity to represent them at the senate, explaining that their resignation was to enable them to assume duty in their respective new positions in the ruling APC.

Specifically, Adamu said Lawan has shown that all arms of government could come together to work as “one national government”.

READ:  40-Year-Old Coronavirus Patient Gives Birth To Baby Girl At Lagos Hospital

The former Nasarawa west senator asked APC members in the national assembly to ensure that their party wins the general election in 2023.

He said, “I am, with utmost respect and appreciation, informing you that consequent to my victory as National Chairman in the just concluded APC convention, I hereby formally resign as a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria representing Nasarawa West senatorial district with effect from April 1, 2022.”

Lawan is expected to declare their seats vacant and notify the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) after which it will conduct by-elections to fill the seats.

KanyiDaily recalls that Abdullahi Adamu and Abubakar Kyari were elected as APC national chairman and deputy at the convention of the party that was held on March 26.

READ:  PDP Rejects Presidential Tribunal Verdict, Says Judgment Against Facts, Evidence

Entertainment1 hour ago