2023: Soludo Taxes Atiku, Tinubu, Peter Obi, Others N10m Each For Campaign Posters In Anambra

Anambra State Government has said that any presidential candidate who wants to paste a campaign poster in the state must pay the sum of N10 million.

Anambra Ban Campaign Posters

Some of the presidential candidates include Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of APC, Peter Obi of Labour Party, Atiku Abubakar of PDP, and Retired Justice Peter Umeadi of APGA among others.

Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Anambra Signage and Advertising Agency (ANSAA), Tony Ujubuonu stated this in a public notice issued in Anambra State on Saturday.

The public notice also listed that other candidates for public offices will pay varying amounts too, to paste their posters anywhere in the state.

While Presidential candidates are mandated to pay N10million, Senatorial Candidates will pay N7million, while Federal House of Representatives candidates will pay N5mllion; and State House of Assembly candidates will pay N1mllion.

READ:  Buhari Arrives Imo In Full Igbo Attire, Residents Troop Out To Welcome Him [Photos]

The notice read,’ “As campaign for 2023 general election officially commences next month, September; Anambra State Signage and Advertisement Agency (ANSAA), in charge of all forms of Advertising in the state, wishes to bring some important information to your notice.

“The posting of posters on bridges, road demarcations; street light poles, round-abouts and public buildings remain prohibited.

“That every campaign material and advert forms such as posters, public address systems, Banners, Fliers, Buntings, T-shirts, caps and sundries must be duly approved for after full payment of the requisite fee.

“That every billboard must be displayed through a registered advertising practitioner after the advertising content has been vetted by the APCON.”

Meanwhile, Nigerian Afrobeat singer, Femi Kuti has revealed why he will not support any of the top three presidential candidates, Bola Tinubu, Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi, to win the 2023 election.

READ:  #EndSARS: Over 11,000 Sign Petition To Ban Top Public Officers, IGP, Others From US

Business19 hours ago