Metro

Gunmen Behead Imo LG Chairman, Christopher Ohizu After Collecting N6m Ransom

Gunmen have beheaded Christopher Ohizu, the Sole Administrator of Ideato North Local Government Area of Imo State.

Gunmen Behead Imo LG Chairman, Christopher Ohizu After Collecting N6m Ransom

KanyiDaily had reported how Ohizu and two others were kidnapped on Friday by gunmen who also razed down his house at Imoko community of in Arondizuogu LGA.

It was gathered that the LGA Chairman was beheaded on Sunday after his abductors had allegedly received a N6m ransom.

Viral videos of his beheading surfaced on where the killers were was seen kneeling  while warning Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodimma that a similar fate awaits him.

Sources said that After beheading Ohizu on Sunday, the killers posted the video with his phone on his WhatsApp status.

The source said, “The sole administrator has been beheaded. We saw videos of how he was being beheaded on Sunday.

READ:  All Those Questioning Buhari’s Victory Are Challenging God's Authority – Arch Bishop Ediwe

“His killers posted it with his phone on his own WhatsApp status. That was how people got to know that he was beheaded.

“The videos were horrible. He was tied and half naked before he was beheaded. That was a painful way to die. They butchered him after collecting N6 million ransom.”

“He was killed in such an inhuman way. The videos are terrifying. May God heal our land.”

When contacted, Imo police spokesperson, Henry Okoye, confirmed the incident saying an “investigation is ongoing.”

KanyiDaily had also reported how Enugu PDP Chairman, SKB Ogbuagu slumped and died during campaign at the Ezeagu Local Government Area headquarters.

READ:  Nigerian Billionaire football club owner Philip Udala killed by gunmen who set him ablaze

Business17 mins ago