Politics

Peter Obi’s Running Mate, Datti Ahmed Moved To Tears Over Insults To His Family [Video]

Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, running mate of the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, almost broke down in tears over disparaging comments by political opponents against his late father and his family.

Peter Obi's Running Mate, Datti Ahmed Moved To Tears Over Insults To His Family [Video]

Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed Weeps

Speaking on at a town hall meeting organized by Channels Television in Abuja on Sunday, the former lawmaker lamented the insults and abusive remarks directed at his family since he joined the 2023 Presidential race.

Baba-Ahmed stated that it is not fair that people go as far as attacking him and even his father of blessed memory who died about 35 years ago because of politics.

He said the attacks started when he made efforts to stop those who were bad-mouthing Peter Obi because he was brave enough to step forward to salvage Nigeria.

The LP presidential candidate said that most of the attacks came from his friend in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

READ:  PHOTOS: Boko Haram Leader Kabiru Sokoto In Court

Baba-Ahmed added that the situation would have been better if his critics only targeted him and did not extend their remarks to his father and heritage.

He noted that attacking peoples’ parents and families is a style of politics not practiced anywhere else in the world apart from in Nigeria.

He said, “When I joined the ticket, I impeached certain lies against him and I saw they were heading towards that. Particularly my good friend on the APC side, on the same level.

“When people think they have money, they have power, and the sitting authority is theirs, there’s no limit. Someone has to tap them on the shoulder. I did it and I pointed a finger. You do it again – do one, I’ll do three. You know I’m capable of doing it.

READ:  2023: What Buhari Said About Tinubu During APC Campaign In Sokoto

“They’ve stopped. However, me and my family have been paying a huge price for my attempts to rescue Nigeria. They sent all sorts of people after me.”

“But the thing that I was able to sort [out] with the [opposing] presidential and vice-presidential candidate, I ended up suffering on a much lesser level.

“Thirty-five years ago, at least, our dad of blessed memory passed away. No one ever insulted him until I joined elections for presidency. This is not fair. It doesn’t happen anywhere in the world.

“You don’t insult people’s parents or their families. It’s a huge price for anyone to pay,” Baba-Ahmed said while fighting back tears before momentarily excusing himself to step out of the hall, presumably to regain his composure.

READ:  Catholic Priest, Father Charles Okeke-Odogwu Found Dead Inside His Car In Anambra

Watch the video below:

KanyiDaily recalls recalls that Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed had revealed that his decision to be Peter Obi’s running mate was borne out of his commitment to rescuing Nigeria.

READ:  BREAKING: Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu’s 12-Year Jail Term, Releases Him From Prison

Business18 hours ago