Abia Government Kicks Against Plans To Install Sarki Shehu Bello As ‘Emir of Aba’

Abia State Government has kicked against plans to install one Sarki Shehu Bello as the Emir of Aba Emirate Council.

Abia Government Kicks Against Plans To Install Sarki Shehu Bello As ‘Emir of Aba'

A statement by the Secretary to Abia State Government, Barr. Chris Ezem, on Wednesday, warned those planning the unauthorised and illegal coronation to stop forthwith or be prepared to face the full weight of the law.

Ezem directed the immediate cancellation of the proposed coronation, adding that there was nothing like ‘Aba Emirate Council’ in the State.

The statement reads, “The attention of Government of Abia State has been drawn to a proposed coronation of one Sarki Shehu Bello 11 as the Emir of Aba Emirate Council without recourse to Government.

“Government wishes to warn all involved in this unauthorized and illegal coronation to stop forthwith or be prepared to face the full weight of the law.

READ:  All Those Questioning Buhari’s Victory Are Challenging God's Authority – Arch Bishop Ediwe

“Government hereby directs the immediate cancellation of the proposed illegal coronation as there is nothing like Aba Emirate Council in the State.

“Government further warns all residents in the state especially those resident in Aba to be law abiding.

“Law enforcement agents have been directed to swing into action and ensure that no such event capable of breaching the existing peace in the state takes place in Aba or any part of the State.”

KanyiDaily had also reported how Ogun monarch, the Eselu of Iselu Kingdom, Oba Akintunde Akinyemi withdrew the conferment of chieftaincy title given to former Imo State governor, Senator Rochas Okorocha.

READ:  Drama As Yahoo Boy's British Client Snatches His Fiancée, Marries Her In Lagos [Video]

Business1 hour ago