Categories: Metro

Police Denies Arresting Mirabel Who Claimed She Was Raped In Her Ogun Residence

The Ogun State Police Command has dismissed reports that TikTok user Mirabel was arrested after she alleged she was raped in her home.

Oluseyi Babaseyi, the command’s spokesperson, confirmed this on Thursday while appearing on The Morning Brief programme on Channels Television.

Mirabel had earlier shared emotional videos online, claiming she was assaulted in her apartment on February 15.

In response, the Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency (DSVA) said it was aware of the case and trying to get in touch with her.

A later update from the agency revealed that it had spoken with a close friend of Mirabel, who said she had already been discharged from the hospital.

The agency also stated that since the incident reportedly happened in Ogun, the matter had been handed over to the appropriate authorities there for investigation.

Confusion began when social media posts claimed that the Ogun police had arrested Mirabel after discovering inconsistencies in her story.

The posts alleged that investigators found no signs of forced entry into her home and that neighbors did not report hearing any distress calls.

It was also claimed that phone records did not match her account and that she declined a full medical and forensic examination.

Some posts further alleged she had been detained for giving false information and that she had made her TikTok account private while deleting several videos.

Ogun State Police have arrested TikTok user Mirabel following investigations into her viral claims of being raped, cut with a blade, and forced to drink poison by an unknown man,” the post reads.

“Her neighbors reported no signs of break-in, no screams, and stated she appeared normal when leaving with a man. Phone records and text messages did not support her version of events.

“She gave inconsistent statements and refused full medical/forensic examination offered by authorities and NGOs.

“Police confirmed she was detained today for providing false information, wasting police resources, and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

“Her TikTok account is now private, and several videos have been deleted. Some donors are demanding refunds.

“Investigation ongoing. False allegations undermine real victims and will be treated seriously.”

Speaking on Channels TV, the command’s spokesperson, Oluseyi Babaseyi denied those claims that Mirabel was arrested.

He explained that the police got in touch with her earlier in the week after her videos about the alleged assault went viral and drew public attention.

He explained that officers first traced her to the Ibafo area but later confirmed that the incident she reported happened in Ogijo, a community located along the Ogun–Lagos border.

He said her health was the main concern at the moment, stressing that investigators would obtain further details once she is stable enough to provide a comprehensive account.

“When the DPO in Ibafo met with her, she was taken to the hospital for medical analysis. She wasn’t as stable as necessary, but we ensured the investigation continued.

“As we speak, she is in the intensive care unit getting appropriate care. Her medical well-being is more important to us at this point. When she is stable, we can now continue investigations and get the necessary facts,” Babaseyi said.

Babaseyi advised members of the public not to rush to conclusions or allow emotions to shape their opinions.

He stressed that the investigation would be guided strictly by evidence, adding that anyone with helpful information should come forward.

We advise people not to jump to conclusions based on emotions. We are investigating and will rely on evidence to reach a logical conclusion,” he said.

While confirming that some individuals have been invited for questioning, Babaseyi did not share further details, saying the investigation is still ongoing.

He also denied claims circulating online that Mirabel had been arrested, noting that she reported a case to the police and is being treated as a victim, not a suspect.

She was not arrested by the police. She reported a case and we are investigating. Nothing of such as her arrest happened,” he clarified.

Babaseyi added that if the allegation is proven, whoever is responsible will be arrested and charged in court.

“If the allegation is established to be true, the perpetrator will be arrested and charged to court appropriately. If otherwise, the law also addresses giving false information,” he said.

KanyiDaily recalls that BBNaija star, Neo Akpofure denied a rape claim made against him by a lady, threatening to take legal action if the accusation is not withdrawn.

Tobias Sylvester

Tobias Sylvester is the news editor for Kanyi Daily News and is based in Lagos. Contact Tobias at editor@kanyidaily.com. Got a confidential tip? Submit it here

Recent Posts

Man Utd Captain Bruno Fernandes Named Premier League Player Of The Season

Bruno Fernandes has been named Premier League Player of the Season for the 2025/26 campaign…

22 minutes ago

Sheikh Gumi Denies Supporting Bandits, Says Videos And Statements Were Manipulated

Sheikh Ahmad Gumi has denied claims linking him to support for banditry, saying the materials…

42 minutes ago

Justice Mohammed Nasir Yunusa Slumps And Dies At His Residence In Kano

Justice Mohammed Nasir Yunusa of the Federal High Court in Kano has died after collapsing…

1 hour ago

Tobi Amusan Sets Season’s Best Time To Finish Second At Xiamen Diamond League

Nigerian sprinter Tobi Amusan finished second in the women’s 100m hurdles final at the Xiamen…

2 hours ago

Queen Mercy Atang Reveals Why She Wore Dress Made Of 500 Loaves Of Bread To AMVCA

Big Brother Naija reality star Queen Mercy Atang has explained the idea behind the unusual…

2 hours ago

Basira Beere Accuses Ex-Husband Of Beating Her Till She Lost 4 Pregnancies [Video]

Nollywood actress Omoshalewa Yusuf, popularly known as Basira Beere, has spoken about her failed marriage,…

3 hours ago