PHOTOSPEAKS

Film Maker Charles Novia Opens Up On Fight He Had With Omotola Jolade

Film Maker Charles Novia Opens Up On Fight He Had With Omotola Jolade 3
I am very dangerous when I am cross, Omotola. By the time I am through
with you, you will be shocked what will happen to you and your career’

The above statement is an extract from the book ”Nollywood Till November” written by the prolific film maker, actor and director, Charles Novia, who revealed the secret behind his fight with Omotola Jolade-Ekeinde.
 “As the recording of the movie
continued Omotola somehow started getting on a lot of the crew and cast
nerves
…..continue reading

Since this is a ‘tell-it-like-it-is’ book and since I am
generally known to be outspoken, I believe I have to reveal a bit of
this, not in any way to disparage her person but to be candid in my
opinion. Little unnecessary skirmishes with one person or the other
became rampant.

It got to a head one day that my Production
Manager, who is usually easy-going and friendly lost his temper and came
to me. ‘Sir, please this will be the last time I will ever work with
you if Omotola features in your movie after this one!’ he complained.

I
was taking everything in my stride and trying to calm frayed nerves
when a couple of days to the end of the shoot, Omotola practically drove
me crazy. I am very calm most of the time as a person and as a movie
director but that day I blew my top!

I remember screaming at her
and she was shocked at first but made the mistake of putting up a
defence. That was when I basically warned her in a very deadly tone to
be mindful of me.

Most of my crew members were shocked to see me
in that mood. No one had ever seen me like that. I remember Norbert
Young, Empress and Tari West calming me, while Ramsey sat coolly in a
corner fiddling with his phone. Omotola seeing my mood, wisely went to
her car and sulked.‘Who told you to leave my set?’ I bawled. ‘Get back
here and lets shoot!’

All this and many more filled the beautiful pages of the veteran film-maker’s book.

Spotify’s refreshed ‘New Music Friday Naija’ spotlights Nigeria's rising stars 6
Business16 hours ago