The nanny identified as Mary Akinloye who kidnapped three children in Surulere area of Lagos State has given the victims’ family two days to produce N13m ransom or lose the children.

She was said to have issued the ultimatum through a man who used her telephone to communicate with the family.

An initial N15m was demanded by the kidnappers but it had been reduced to N13m after much appeal by the victim’s mother.

The Orekoya family had posted on OLX, an online sales portal, seeking the service of a nanny for their kids and 23-year-old lady, Akinloye, indicated interest by calling the family.

The family was reported to have invited her to their home on Lawanson Road, Itire, Lagos.

When the family demanded the contact of her relatives, she was said to have given them two telephone numbers, which she claimed belonged to her brother and sister.

It was learnt that the family fixed a day in the week for formalisation and documentation of the arrangement.

The Orekoya family reportedly agreed on Tuesday to a monthly salary of N10, 000 to N15, 0000 with Akinloye, who claimed to be looking for money to continue her education.

After the family left the home on Wednesday morning, about 24 hours after she was employed, she allegedly ran away with the three kids, named Aderomola (11 months old), Adedamola (four years old), Demola (six years old).

Akinloye was working with a kidnapping syndicate who contacted the family and demanded N15m as ransom. Yesterday (Friday 10th march), the kidnappers reduced the ransom to N13m and efforts to cut a fairer deal with the kidnappers had been abortive.

The victims’ father, Leke, told Punch correspondent that the family received a text message from the kidnappers on yesterday afternoon, saying the children’s life depended on the payment of the ransom within 24 hours of the ultimatum. Although, this was later reviewed to 48 hours.

He said,

“They said we should produce the money in 24 hours or they would ‘delete’ our kids. 

“Our major concern is our 11 months old baby who needs extra care.”

Their mother, Adebisi, said the incident had started affecting her mentally.

She appealed to Nigerians of goodwill to support the family with funds, adding that the family could not afford to pay the ransom.

She said,

 “I called the line of the nanny and a man picked the call. He initially demanded N15m, but after I begged him, he agreed to take N13m. 

“We have been exchanging text messages and he has insisted on N13m. He has also assured us that we have no other option than to pay the money. 

“I spoke with the children and they said the kidnappers were treating them well and that they were doing fine. 

“I’m sure if they get the money today, they will release my children to me. All they need is the money. 

“I appeal to the government, politicians in the country, Nigerians of goodwill to please help us before it is too late. 

“After my children have been released to me, the police can then begin their investigation.”

Kanyi Okeke

Kanyi is the Founder & Editor-in-Chief of KanyiDaily.com. When she's not serving DAILY delicious scoops on Entertainment and news, you can find her reading a book by the beach. Keep up with Kanyi on Instagram and Twitter or through her email Kanyi@KanyiDaily.com

View Comments

Recent Posts

Niniola Announces Death Of Her Husband Michael Ndika

Nigerian singer Niniola Apata has announced the death of her husband, Michael Ndika. The singer…

4 hours ago

Toke Makinwa Slams Sandra Edoho For Disrespecting Her In Leaked Tape With Chike

Media personality Toke Makinwa has slammed interior designer Sandra Edoho after an alleged leaked audio…

5 hours ago

175 ISIS Fighters Killed In Joint Nigeria–US Counterterrorism Operations – DHQ

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) said that 175 ISIS fighters were killed in north-east Nigeria during…

6 hours ago

Soludo Denies New Burial Law Banning Cows, Goats At Anambra Funerals

The Anambra State Government has denied claims that Governor Charles Soludo introduced a new burial…

19 hours ago

Hisbah Arrests Man Hiding In Ghana-Must-Go Bag At Married Woman’s Home In Kebbi

Officials of the Hisbah board under the Kebbi State Ministry of Religious Affairs have arrested…

20 hours ago

EFCC Arrest Ex-Minister Saleh Mamman After Being Sentenced To 75 Years In Prison

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has announced the arrest of former Minister of…

20 hours ago